Deer Fencing?

mirage

Hi!

If this has already been addressed I apologize. We are thinking about using deer fencing to contain our future husky and wanted to know if anyone had an experience with doing this or general comments. Thanks!

I don't know if deer fencing will be adequate . . .

however I do know that fencing is quite dear :P

Deer fencing is probably tall enough, but not sure how it would hold up to the potential destruction that a Husky that wants to escape will dish out.  Most of the time, deer fencing is used to keep deer out of gardens or small plots.  The deer fencing I've seen, a Husky could ould rip apart rather quickly.  Also, since Huskies are notorious for digging under to get out of fenced areas, you might want to plan for that contigency as well.  Got a link to what fencing you are looking at?

Thanks! Here is a link http://www.deerfence.com/de1571.html I heard of someone using deer fencing to house their huskies but have never seen it discussed. From what I am reading there are metal fences and plastic ones. The metal sounds like a better bet but idk.  I would dig down a bit under the fence and put chicken wire/concrete to prevent digging and bring the chicken wire up to secure to the rest of the fence. We currently have a 3' chain link fence around our yard so this would get installed directly behind it.

If you google the Phrase "Husky damage"

have a look at some of the examples of how much damage an avarage Husky can do.

Then decide if Deer fencing will be man enough for the job.

We normally reccomend 6ft close board fencing dropped a couple of feet underground and set in concrete.

Also what you have to consider is that the Husky will be able to "see" through the fencing.

If there is anything out there that interests the dog that will simply quadruple the efforts they

will put in to get through the fence.

Also what you have to consider is that the Husky will be able to "see" through the fencing.

If there is anything out there that interests the dog that will simply quadruple the efforts they

will put in to get through the fence.

This is something I hadn't thought of, good thought! Thanks to all! Yeah, we moved into our neighborhood in October so idk how putting up a big 6' high privacy fence would go over with the neighbors we still haven't met. Haha. Will do some more research on chain link but want to be sure they can't climb it (have read horror stories of dogs dying or getting maimed by getting stuck in it). 

Ps andy that is a NICE fence!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

£3000 :eek:

Our fist Husky could climb chain link fence. Once they figure out how, it is hard to keep them contained.

Our fist Husky could climb chain link fence. Once they figure out how, it is hard to keep them contained.

I remember now someone mentioned that before.

Husky Houdini's :P