My Dog Doesn't "woo"...

Chula

Will she ever? At five months, is the range of her vocal noise already determined? Not that I really want  her to woo, though it would be cute to see her do it. For now, she makes a lot of monkey noises, growls when she stretches, yips a bit when playing...but no wooing of any kind.

Sometimes they are a few years old before they "find thier voice"

Others have a full on howl as puppies.

Most don't Woo much but they do talk.

"I want one"

"I love you"

"I'm batman"

"blah, blah, blah"

kind of noises.

It seems to take them a while to find something to "woo" at. Mine usually only talks when I get home from work or when he wants to play. He says "I love you" and grumbles a lot. I'd love to hear a husky say "I'm Batman" lol, have an example Andy?

Edited by xLOBOx

It seems to take them a while to find something to "woo" at. Mine usually only talks when I get home from work or when he wants to play. He says "I love you" and grumbles a lot. I'd love to hear a husky say "I'm Batman" lol, have an example Andy?

I'll see if my daughter (Kells xx) has any video of our girly Daughtry she chats like that :)

Sasha will bark at me when she wants something, seldom will talk at all.

Avalanche, too, is generally quiet but he's a good watch dog. If I see him looking - I'll go see what he's looking at and most of the time see it, but he makes no noise at all except when someone/thing is getting closer than he's comfortable with or when he's joining in a serenade of someones pups talking in a vid.

Nikko took a long time before he started talking.  Now he won't shut up!  But that's ok because I love to hear it!  He was probably 9-10 months old before he started doing it and as he gets older he does it more frequently, especially since Kodiak arrived.

Yukon's noise is different because it is not really a whoo but a really deep growling sound.  I need to record it sometime because it is not like anything I heard

I think it depends on the dog.

Mine woos ("woo wooooo woooorrr") and barks, but he doesn't 'talk' or howl. 

Jay...I think I know what you're talking about. The deep sound...that kinda sounds like growling but it isn't. I used to have a video of it...

they are all different,

micha was 2 years when she found her voice

suki was 3

amber was 8 months

micha tends to talk sort of like she is grumbling 

suki has a proper haunting howl arooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo really soulful

amber has not quite got the hang of it and goes woo woo woo.

Kaviq is the only one who woo's - and Andy's description of "blah, blah, blah" is just what he sounds like at other times. Diesel will occasionally give a low rumbling woo, usually when I come home or come downstairs in a morning. Myshka was always quiet until she got spayed, I swear they put a second voice box in when they took her "bits" out! Now she let's rip as soon as you pull up in the van to go for a walk (the whole park hears her) or if you stand talking as she gets bored, so she talks really loudly, but again, doesn't howl

Wodak only whoo's to Glala and Dana it seems. Especially when Glala is all grumpy about us plucking tufts of her. Wodak will start whooing which triggers Dana who starts howling  :huh: I noticed with the introduction of Wodak all of them have become much more talkative. Before they were mostly silent and only whoo'd to random people on the street once in a while, lol.

Bear does woo although technically it's more like "Woah" very short and usually designed to get your attention. She also moo's Like a cow when sleepy and makes chewbacca noises also when sleepy. Ice howls rarely and only to express upset. Once when his baubles got chopped off and once when bear went out without him. He talks a lot "a woo a woo awoo.......chomp!". Yep, he usually talks when jealous or excited and then chomps on my arm. He hates it when I stroke bear in front of him, not sure if it's my full attention or Bears he's after though. Knowing him it's probably both! Lol.

Nanook is a talkative female who talk back at me so i play with her like we have an argument its hilarious, and she reply to me everytime, she doesnt sing, but when she goes to sleep she growl like chubaka ahahhha and the puppy sound more like a bird than a dog so far... funny fur family finally

I don't think Ro woo wooed until he was closer to a year. He also growls, grumbles, barks and toots. 

LMAO which end does Ro Toot from :P

Our breeder told us Zara was the most talkative pup she's had -we've had woo's, howls, barks and general 'chatty' sounds ever since she came home. Shes also great at having the last bark in a conversation lol! or woooooo if shes being sooky. She's only just started chirping though, and I love the sound of it!

I'll trade you. Yuki makes every kind of sound that I think is possible for a husky to make. She woos in the morning, yips when she wants something, barks when someones at the door, howls when she wants to play, and makes monkey noises when shes bullying Cloud. What a dork.