Headcollar Question

Christine0925

I use one on Mia from time to time, especially when the children want to hold her lead. The only thing I would say is buy a brand that has an attachment that goes between the head collar, lead and normal collar, I use a Halti and on the odd occasion that Mia has walked backwards out of the headcollar her lead is still attached to her via the attachment :)

We've used the halti on ours and it worked really well.

However it does tend to rub under the eye.

The WYDWL harness is also very good.

Thanks everyone- I bought one and just came back from returning it. I watched the DVD introduced Dexter to it and he would let me put it on him calmly but as soon as I was done he FREAKS OUT starts screaming pawing at his nose scratching his eyes. As of right now I am using just a regular collar and keeping it high on his head and giving no slack so he is by my side and he walks OK but I'm thinking ill try the wydwl.

He is going through a fear stage right now and in all honsoty he's basically training ME on what he de died he wants to do. Today he got scared of a cow hoove in petsmart and tried the same thi g s reaming backing away trying to squirm everywhere- I stayed in the aisle for 25 minutes with constant reassurance and he got over it ( finally) but with the leads I'm so scred of him squirming and there being cars around..

Sorry so long!