At Dog Park Person Told Me Juno Was Sib/wolf/mal

Bob & Juno

I took Juno to the dog park tonight, this one guy was talking to me and asked if Juno was a Sib/Wolf/Mal mix, because he never seen a husky with so much black fur,  now I've seen time after time pictures of Huskys with the same amount of Black ....  drives me crazy when people know more about my dog then I do.  

post-2190-0-70087500-1367109847_thumb.jppost-2190-0-61994300-1367110022_thumb.jppost-2190-0-52357900-1367110053_thumb.jp

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people don't have the sense they were born with. And some who do are just plain dumb.

If you want to have some fun with the folks just tell them that he's a very rare Sib huxta shanookie blaxton crossbreed with a lantern jawed slap-sided suds-sucker gene splice! the sub breeds were originally bred off the coast of the Sakalin Islands just south of Chukchi, Siberia. The dark coat is due to the Japanese influence. If that doesn't have them reeling nothing will. The only thing is you have to tell this absolutely dead-pan, I mean you have to look as serious as all get out.  While they're trying to process the unprocessable, you make a quick exit laughing up your sleeve!! :rofl: Have Fun!

Carmen OFM

You gotta remember that the great unwashed public know everything about everything.

and that you with years of experience with the breed obviously know nothing.

they have the weight of idiocy on thier side.

So far, we've been told, not asked, that Nika is cross with:

German Shepherd/Alsatian

Border Collie

Japanese Akita

Alaskan Malamute

Alaskan Husky (That one was the best!)

Aaaaand, an Elkhound.

You get used to it, but it used to infuriate me! I also had someone tell us that Huskies have more Akita in them than wolf... Interesting!!

I have been TOLD Suka is the following:

Wolf

Wolf-Hybrid

Malamute

Coyote-Hybrid

CoyWolf

GSD

GSD cross

I usually just shrug them off if they are passing-by, but if we're in the dog park...I'll correct them and say he's a Sibe...or a Sibe/Mal. 

Am i the only person who doesn't really care what people think my dogs are? Most people do know what Shadow is to be fair some ask what Skye is but she is unusual looking :) lol Shadow is the typical husky look so no issues there.

We have no paperwork for Maya and she had been passed on so no one knew exactly but we were told they thought she was mixed with something. We weren't bothered, not even curious.

Some people ask what she is, they expect the black/white blue eyed husky and don't realize copper ones even exist. I can't blame them, I had never seen a ginger beauty before. 

Some outright tell me exactly what they think she is, I don't care, doesn't bother me a bit. A lot of rubbish is spoken at the park, mostly we chat rubbish with people we couldn't care less about, simply because we love dogs and are happy to let them play with others, we chat so as not to feel uncomfortable but our relationship is secondary. Anyhow I know WHO she is and that's all that matters :))

post-8838-0-00950200-1367411371_thumb.jp

We have no paperwork for Maya and she had been passed on so no one knew exactly but we were told they thought she was mixed with something. We weren't bothered, not even curious.

Some people ask what she is, they expect the black/white blue eyed husky and don't realize copper ones even exist. I can't blame them, I had never seen a ginger beauty before. 

Some outright tell me exactly what they think she is, I don't care, doesn't bother me a bit. A lot of rubbish is spoken at the park, mostly we chat rubbish with people we couldn't care less about, simply because we love dogs and are happy to let them play with others, we chat so as not to feel uncomfortable but our relationship is secondary. Anyhow I know WHO she is and that's all that matters :))

post-8838-0-00950200-1367411371_thumb.jp

She is gorgeous! I really love reds

Sent from my Huawei-U8652 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah we just smiled and went along with it, but then you get those idiots who want to start an argument about the breed of OUR dog. 'No no, that's DEFINITELY an Akita/whatever'

Our friend had someone threaten to ring the RSCPA on him, because you're 'not allowed to keep Huskies in this country'...

That's why even if it's obvious, I always ask the breed of the dog to not cause confusion or even offence!

:rofl: Don't you just love EXPERTS.

My definition of an EXPERT is ................a..... X is an unknown factor

b..... A spurt is a drip under pressure.

They all think they know nothing and their right

Gary.

Edited by Keeonah

• 1 month later...

Guess what????

Maya got hit by a car :( on the A41!!!. No she wasn't in my care, my (now) ex was with her, he got a good bite on the hand when he rushed in to grab her while she was spinning in agony still on the road. :) Got to smile, his face was a picture of pure regret and shame, I couldn't have a go at him, Maya gave him what he deserved, clever girl.

I'm sure you've guessed my baby is okay, it's been 3 weeks and she's back playing off lead, leaping over her friends without a care in the world :)) We were very happy when she was first able to reach for good old bum lick, we knew then she was on the mend. The hardest thing now is to keep her shaven patch covered up to stop her licking it obsessively, the crisis is over.

but guess what???

She has two microchips, her original one and one put there after by the PDSA who weren't having a good day at all as they didn't spot the first one and then got all her details wrong.. We knew about the PDSA one naming her Lexi, 4 last Feb husky mix.

We knew her original name was Maya but that was all, on our way home we changed her name back to Maya but still thought she was a mix and 2 and a half when we got her.

Well it turns out she's not mixed or would have lost the funky eye (so said the vet). Her original chip says Maya, Red&White Siberian Husky, age 6 this August.

My baby is going from 4 to 6 in six months!!

I still don't care, I don't love her any more now I know she's not mixed. Look who's talking my children are mixed race LOL!!! Just thought of that sorry!!