Workload

Marc

So was thinking about this lately. I know a fair few people who have said work has been a little crazy lately, myself included. So is this a sign of the times? Time of year thing?

I know for me a lot had to do with us suddenly losing a member of staff which for a small company is devastating to say the very least. Takes time to train people, especially in our field of work.

What about you? You feelin it lately?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

They've moved me into another office where my screen is visible... Therefore I can't skive off on the forum so much lol

LoL

I do 39 hours no more no less at work but tend to do a lot more at home soon as the sun comes out :)

I started a new job on Monday now if you asked this question a month ago I would have said its a sign of the times, companies seem to want more and more from people but at my new place we are encouraged to take breaks and mingle

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

This term is the busiest of all for us at work. Each term we progressively add new children without losing any, so paperwork increases and add to that all the school Leavers reports due in a couple of months. It's a little manic right now. Already counting down till the summer holidays, gonna need the break to find my sanity!

my work is very weather related, the wetter it is the harder & heavier my workload. Also working 8hrs a day solid with no breaks just to get your work done (I refuse now to work overtime as you get nothing back) then having a manager you never see, who doesn't understand your workload & goes to meetings bringing back MORE work for the office to do! There are 4 of us co-ordinating work from Gretna Green to Stoke but they won't increase the head count. We are starting meetings with said manager to make him realise what pressure he's putting on everyone, I'm sure he forgets just what he asks us to do!

We've just had one of our team of 6 retire about a month ago.

It takes approx 1 month to get someone trained and up to speed.

We still haven't seen his replacement yet, let alone start the training.

We have 3 more people due to retire in the next year.

God help us.

The replacements will be trained, but they wont be experienced.

and so much of my job relies on experience to know the causal factors

behind what's gone wrong, as well as how to fix the problem.

sigh. . . . .

It seems to be a bit busier at work i try to get as much overtime as i can at the moment, my contracted hours currently are 13 hours per week but i usually end up doing more around the 20 - 30 hour line although there doesn't seem to be as much overtime available now. When i become a team leader my hours will go up to 8 hour shifts though i do not know how many of those i will do in one week :)