Just To Say Hello

sarahjng

Hello all,  my name is sarah and i am owned by a now 7 month old husky we call bear, not a common name for a pup i know but at our first meeting all his fur was sticking up and he looked more like a bear cub and the name stuck.  when i figure out how i will put up some photos,  i think we are about to experience our first shed as there is suddenly alot more fur flying,  wish us luck !

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,  my name is sarah and i am owned by a now 7 month old husky we call bear, not a common name for a pup i know but at our first meeting all his fur was sticking up and he looked more like a bear cub and the name stuck.  when i figure out how i will put up some photos,  i think we are about to experience our first shed as there is suddenly alot more fur flying,  wish us luck !

Sarah,

Here's an excellent time to learn a wonderful lost art, that of spinning! gather the molted fur get a drop spindle or new spinning wheel and a set of cards to tease the fur into fluffy fiber for spinning.  There are U-tube videos on  how to spin by either tool and you are on your way to knitting or crochetting wonderful items! I've done hats,scarves, mittens and I'm soon to start a cable-stitch sweater. great way to utilize a wonderful resource and a way to keep the presence of your companions around for a long time to come! You can't believe how warm it is and if you leave the natural oils in the fur it's also waterproof! :) Good Luck Indeed!! Many Blessings.  Fr. Carmen OFM

thanks for the welcome all,  as for the pics i might have to get the kids to do it, I'm a bit of a techno idiot.  Carmen, crafting is not my friend,  its not even my casual acquaintance lol, so no spinning for me, we put the fur out for the birds.

thanks for the welcome all,  as for the pics i might have to get the kids to do it, I'm a bit of a techno idiot.  Carmen, crafting is not my friend,  its not even my casual acquaintance lol, so no spinning for me, we put the fur out for the birds.

:rofl: fear not! the birds will take good care of it. Reminds me of when the crew was out in the run during the molting season. what I didn't gather the winds strew all over the run. When the fur babies came in the run would be filled with English sparrows, cardinals, finches, house sparrows and robins!! you'd  think it was a white sale going on at the local millinery. Those babies had it warm soft and wonderful. I always liked to think my kids were helping other families stay warm and cozy with their contributions. What a great way for nature to take of nature.

Carmen OFM

Hello all this is a great site for Husky Owners, my wife(Debra) and I just got our 1 month old male Siberian Husky today. His name is Samson,and what a treat he is,we both had black/white huskies years ago and now we have a red one now.But anyway I'm glad I found this site it has alot of info. for people. Thank's  :pawprint:

Hello all this is a great site for Husky Owners, my wife(Debra) and I just got our 1 month old male Siberian Husky today. His name is Samson,and what a treat he is,we both had black/white huskies years ago and now we have a red one now.But anyway I'm glad I found this site it has alot of info. for people. Thank's  :pawprint:

Hi and welcome x

Feel free to put your own thread up with pics of Samson for us to coo over :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2