Dead Animals

Ndure4ever

First I'll agree with HuskyMom09 - treat for worms and watch for stomach upset.

But you have me a bit confused, blood in a dead animal coagulates quickly, road kill at - say - 24 hours shouldn't have any free blood.  And shouldn't smell like road kill till well after the 24 hours.

Since dogs, like their wild counterparts, tend to go for the "guts" first - and intestinal juices are rank you might want think twice about the "road kill" aspect.

Make sure he is current on rabies. Also agree on worming now, then again in three weeks to break the cycle. We have our vaccinated for leptosporosis every year, as many wild animals are carriers.

But you have me a bit confused, blood in a dead animal coagulates quickly, road kill at - say - 24 hours shouldn't have any free blood. And shouldn't smell like road kill till well after the 24 hours.

Since dogs, like their wild counterparts, tend to go for the "guts" first - and intestinal juices are rank you might want think twice about the "road kill" aspect.

Note to self...never read topics involving road kill while eating a rare steak at a restaurant!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But you have me a bit confused, blood in a dead animal coagulates quickly, road kill at - say - 24 hours shouldn't have any free blood.  And shouldn't smell like road kill till well after the 24 hours.

Think maybe he got a squirrel or rabbit?