Rspca Animal Cruelty Convictions Up By A Third

Dunc

Glad to see they are doing more at last.  Not a great fan of the RSPCA due to the ridiculous amounts of money they spend on marketing and the fact that local branches have to self fund and get very little support from their Head Office which makes it very challenging for branches operating in deprived areas where the need for their services is greatest.

Edited by Biggles

I don't think it means that there is any more (or less) animal cruelty happening. I just think it is a fairly cynical move by the RSPCA to increase the numbers of cases taken to court so that they can gain more publicity. They are having a real problem attracting donations at the moment because too many people have seen through them, so they will do anything which puts them in a good light. Some of the cases they have prosecuted have been totally unnecessary and could have been better dealt with by offering advice and support to the animal owners, but that doesn't get column inches like a prosecution does.

Im not a big fan either, I contacted them before about a GSD puppy who was seriously underweight with horrific hip problems and they didn't do anything. Oh and the fact they don't bother about stray pets.

They just seem to care less and less about the animals and just want to get money in.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

I'd like to see people licensed, not dogs. In other words, people should have to prove that they are responsible enough to own a dog - maybe have to pass some kind of training before being allowed to own an animal.

I'd like to see people licensed, not dogs. In other words, people should have to prove that they are responsible enough to own a dog - maybe have to pass some kind of training before being allowed to own an animal.

Now I like that idea even better :)

while they are at it they should do that for people before they have kids too :D