Intro For Camp

valkyries

A lot of new people i don't know at camp, so i thought i'd introduce my kids to you.

Odin = don't walk over and touch him with out asking unless you know him, he's a grumpy sod.

post-430-0-14384600-1367355402.jpg

Loki = very vocal, loves cuddles and gives lot's of kisses but don't grab her from the back.

post-430-0-14990900-1367355345_thumb.jpg

Thor = so laid back you wont know he's there

post-430-0-33743400-1367355795_thumb.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is Storm - If you want cuddles, kisses and dont mind being jumped up at then hes your boy. Storm loves cuddles and kisses, loves kids and is friendly with ALL dogs also. He wont retalliate to barking and growling much either.  He does like to play with and hump dogs lol any sex is fair game to him :D

post-2224-0-31787100-1367401273_thumb.jp

This littlun is Aurora aka Rori for short. Shes only going to be 18 weeks old at camp. She is very friendly, typical pup. Doesnt nibble much but does like to jump up and headbutt you when you bend down to fuss her lol. Shes not scared of bigger dogs since she has the other two at home. Please do note that I DO NOT want my pup to experience anything negative with any dogs as I dont want her to have fears as she grows. If you arent sure about your dog being ok with pups then please keep it away. (sorry if it seems like im being funny, im a overprotective mother)

post-2224-0-47621300-1367401491_thumb.jp

This is Angel. Angel is a rescue, she is very wary of strange men (and i know theres going to be a lot of "strange" men at camp pmsl). If you have met her before then you may be ok to approach her if not then please do be careful. She has never bitten anyone before and I dont want it to happen. If she barks at you then she doesnt like you so please back away and leave her alone. Shes very vocal and will tell you she doesnt want you near her.  I dont want this to stop people from fussing her though, she does like fuss if she likes the person and accepts them on her terms, Just asking people to give her space and time to accept them.

Children are fine, as long as they go slow and no fast movements.

Oh and one more thing. NOONE IS TO TOUCH HER BUM. And please be aware of this when standing near her, she hates people being near her bum. 

She has been at camp before and handled it really well so im just worrying about nothing lol.

post-2224-0-25737700-1367401493_thumb.jp

Great thread :) I love your three Linda never been able to get to close to them though :( 

Here is my two left Shadow, right Skye

913091_332396603552858_1498157505_n.jpg?

Shadow: He is very calm and chilled out, he likes to play still though :) Loves all people and anyone, please dont feel upset if he meets your dog and he completely ignores them though he is becoming picky on who he wants to play with nowadays, he does this mainly to puppys though i think he just cant be bothered with them lol. He is very good with children also due to his extremely calm nature. Only thing i may think of is that he will react if another dog does go for him and he does not like to be humped but generally will just stand there and take it whilst growling lol but please take your dog off him if they do start humping him out of respect :)

Skye: Just over a year old so still very puppy like, she is very hyper and will jump up at you i am still trying to work on this, she loves to give kisses and she gives ALOT of them! so be warned!, She can be nervous around new dogs and may even wee in submission or just lay on her back as she is extremely submissive but then she will try and play and gets alot braver within a few minutes :) She may also bark from a distance at your dogs, i think this is a nervous thing from her side although i am unsure.

So for my two im happy for anyone to bring their dogs over aslong as they are also friendly :)

While it's of course nice to know the dogs before you meet them, don't expect everyone to read or remember this when we're at camp. If you don't want strangers to just approach your dog without asking, consider giving them a red bandana which is a more universal sign that people should always ask their owners before approaching your dogs :)

While it's of course nice to know the dogs before you meet them, don't expect everyone to read or remember this when we're at camp. If you don't want strangers to just approach your dog without asking, consider giving them a red bandana which is a more universal sign that people should always ask their owners before approaching your dogs :)

Might want to do the opposite for Kodiak... People wear red if they don't want him to come near as he EXPECTS everyone to give him cuddles, and if they don't, you'll hear him complain!!!

On a serious note though... Kodiak is a BIG puppy. He's only 12 months old and still acts like a pup. Please don't feel intimidated when he's around as he will get on with adults and children. He will be a lot gentler with children. He does however, have issues with other dogs. He's fine with other pups and dogs that he already knows. But if another dog starts growling at him, please back off a bit. Kodiak is a big dog weighing in over 54kgs and he knows how to use his weight and size to his advantage!!!

ygenumyg.jpg

Edited by RJS

Might want to do the opposite for Kodiak... People wear red if they don't want him to come near as he EXPECTS everyone to give him cuddles, and if they don't, you'll hear him complain!!!

On a serious note though... Kodiak is a BIG puppy. He's only 12 months old and still acts like a pup. Please don't feel intimidated when he's around as he will get on with adults and children. He will be a lot gentler with children. He does however, have issues with other dogs. He's fine with other pups and dogs that he already knows. But if another dog starts growling at him, please back off a bit. Kodiak is a big dog weighing in over 54kgs and he knows how to use his weight and size to his advantage!!!

ygenumyg.jpg

Rob is going to love Kodiak! He really wants a mal and the size of yours he will be winging at me to get one! Not sure if he will like Shadow but he will probably like Skye :)

ygenumyg.jpg

i love cuddles :)

i think it's important to not really ever approach someone's dog without asking. i know i wouldn't. just manners and common sense IMO

Here's my boys - all child / people friedly - maybe too friendly lol they bounce up to greet you!

Please don't give them treats though Koda (black and white one) can be a bit funny around food

163567_387955634652970_214133642_n.jpg