What Would You Do?

Bambi92

My mum and brother live in Queensland and the people that live behind them and two golden retrievers, they are the most sweetest, friendly and cute dogs but the owners are useless the female was pregnant one time when I went up to visit my oh and I had to jump there fence to help the dog because she had no idea what she was doing and the pups were all over the yard I sent my oh up to there back door it took at least 4 times of bashing on the door for the owner to come out her excuse was "sorry I just took morphine and didnt hear you" nothing about why we were in her yard, she said the dog wasnt ment to have the pups for another 3weeks or so we helped her put the mother and pups in there laundry and left.

They feed there dogs a few times a week after 12am. The dogs keep jumping the fence into mums backyard and going straight for Chewie (there German spitz) water and drinking it all. To me that says the dogs don't have water and the yard is always a mess the grass is nearly always long.

It annoys me because I can't help the dogs and they are gorgeous there owners are just so and so's (can't say what I really think of them lol)

What would you do? My brother has rang the council and they haven't done anything yet I told him to ring the rspca inspector and see what they say.

Do they have some sort of special needs or anything? Given they owner had taken morphine it must be a serious conditionSent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

She said it was for a headache, she is known in the area to use drugs though

Omg she takes it for a headache wow

I would speak to the rspca although am not sure they would do anything but if they can discuss proper care routines with them it may sink in, get pictures and log everything as well because if the owner can prove they have adequate food water and shelter they will walk away

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

RSPCA...

At least then someone can come out and assess them and give them help if needed, or rehome.

You dont know the full story, and best not to judge as they are neighbours, trouble on door step etc. But the health of the dogs is important.

My brother rang the council yesterday when the dogs were in the yard and they said they couldn't do anything even though the dogs jump the fence at least 4 times a week.

The owners come into my mums yard to get the dogs without there permission, mum and my brother weren't able to take there dogs back straight away because they were busy so they left them in the yard until they got back and the dogs were back in the owners yard and the dogs can't jump back out the fence its to high for them.

Mum has tried talking to the owners about the dogs jumping the fence and all they do is put a board up but the dogs just knock it down. Like mum said she wouldn't mind them being in the yard every now and then if they didnt have Chewie he's getting very old and has arthritis and these two dogs are a lot bigger then him and try to play with him and the last thing they want is Chewie being hurt by accident.

I wasn't judging them I was just saying what there've been told sorry if it sounded like I was.

Do they own their own home do you know or is it rented, council etc if so you can complain to them or the land Lord?Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure on that one from the looks of it they own the place they wouldn't be able to keep a rental property in the state they do and they have done renovations on the place recently but not exactly sure,

The only other thing mum can do is take the dogs to the pound next time they get in the yard otherwise nothing will be down about it