Microchip?

HuskyGuerl

Do you think this would really work? Its rather cheap and I WOULD NOT administer it my self I would take it to the vet to have it done. But I would love to microchip my dogs but its kinda expensive around her and this is a cheaper route.

http://www.kvsupply.com/home-again-microchip

This is actually rather cool also

http://www.kvsupply.com/pc-pet-id

I wouldn't want to microchip my dogs myself unless i went on a quick course on how to do it :)

Quite like the little pen drive though!

I wont do it my self I will have a vet do it..its just way cheaper this way..and I so love the pen thing..I could store everything about us on there and how to return them

Sent from my Huawei-U8652 using Tapatalk 2

I wont do it my self I will have a vet do it..its just way cheaper this way..and I so love the pen thing..I could store everything about us on there and how to return them

Yeah is a good idea :) 

I don't think a USB on a collar should replace a microchip, it's useless if taken off or if you dog manages to break his/her collar.

I would ask your vet if the top one is a good idea, if their doing it then you shouldn't have any problems.

Home Again is reputed to be a good company.  I hope so since Sasha is chipped by them and registered.

Personally I like both ideas - it as only a matter of time before someone provided a "home chipping" service - but your vet tech would probably be the best idea for implanting it.  The pen drive looks like it would be an excellent addendum to a chip, but I wouldn't want to depend on it as the sole means of identification.

Remember though that there's a yearly (or lifetime) registration fee for the chip.

if it works out cheaper go for it , i would check they will actually do it that way before you buy it tho , they might only want to use THEIR chips 

all dogs even if chipped should be tagged too , i like the USB idea but how many people would be able 2 take another dog home to check it? i know if i found a dog i wouldn't be able to take it home to check its tag out 

I think it is a great idea!!! I was taught how to microchip at the humane society, never did it on my own animals just on other peoples :) I think microchipping is extremely important and I like this idea!!!! What about the humane society there do they have low cost chipping? I think ours does for like $10-$30 while at the vet it is like $65-$75

if it works out cheaper go for it , i would check they will actually do it that way before you buy it tho , they might only want to use THEIR chips

Er, it's a Home Again product, I bet you're right that they'd want you to use their chips << where's the snarky emoticon >>

all dogs even if chipped should be tagged too , i like the USB idea but how many people would be able 2 take another dog home to check it? i know if i found a dog i wouldn't be able to take it home to check its tag out

First part definitely agree - nothing's quicker than a decent tag with phone number. If I come up with a stray, I'd be going to the vet to have them checked for a chip anyway, most vets have a computer around somewhere - though whether they'd plug in an unknown USB device is another matter.

I think it is a great idea!!! I was taught how to microchip at the humane society, never did it on my own animals just on other peoples :) I think microchipping is extremely important and I like this idea!!!! What about the humane society there do they have low cost chipping? I think ours does for like $10-$30 while at the vet it is like $65-$75

None of ours does it I already asked :(

Er, it's a Home Again product, I bet you're right that they'd want you to use their chips << where's the snarky emoticon >>

First part definitely agree - nothing's quicker than a decent tag with phone number. If I come up with a stray, I'd be going to the vet to have them checked for a chip anyway, most vets have a computer around somewhere - though whether they'd plug in an unknown USB device is another matter.

not familiar with home again , i'm guessing they aren't great? 

IT is official you are moving to Columbia!!!!

lol i wish!! actually will be moving there when i am able to attend the vet med college ;) should be roughly four years or less depending on how fast i get my pre vet med done here!!

Mine wasn't expensive at all. $15 no registration fee, no annual, etc. I think it was pet911 or something. We went with free pet chip registry to register. Free for the life of pet, and accepts all microchip brands.

Mine wasn't expensive at all. $15 no registration fee, no annual, etc. I think it was pet911 or something. We went with free pet chip registry to register. Free for the life of pet, and accepts all microchip brands.

I will have to look into this!