Vets

moonstar

what do you think     fluffy cut paw on glass other week went to vet 150 quid later and a dressing that came off within 3mins went back and THAY put a dressing on and i went back five days later and the dressing had cut in across his leg she said sorry re dressed weeks later cut gone on foot  but wound on leg not good and badly infected went back and i got charged for meds thay would not let me have meds till i paid and thay caused wound and when i said i should not have to pay cos thay caused it thay said my word against theres pay or i wont get tabs and it looks like its gona take a long time to sort         screeeeeeaam  its already cost about 300     ok can i go to my happy place now 

Yep, ditto both of the preceding comments - time to find a new vet.  If my vet isn't MORE interested in my dog than they are the money then I'm finding a new vet.  I know they have to make a living but when they cause the problem ... it should be their problem!

I would not tolerate such inept medical care for either of ours.  I'm fortunate, in that our vet is awesome.  We had a problem with one of the staff one time, giving shots and doing it rather roughly to the point the dog whined in pain.  I went back a few days later and asked to sit down with the vet and have a talk.  Nobody got hyper, but I simply told him, that I wanted him to be aware, and that I was not happy about the way this staff person handled my dog.  I agree, time for a new vet.

Find a new vet like everyone has suggested...put medication on his leg and dress it your self..i would take pictures of how it has been since they sent him home..and i would report them..that puts your dogs life in danger

Disgusting service. Our fur-kids deserve better than that! We have been lucky with our vets for all of our pups over the years but you still hear the odd horror story about unscrupulous ones. Sorry you've had this issue but I would strongly recommend a new vets if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a disgusting way of them handling it. Agree with everyone else find a new vet and like also suggested take photos and report them.

We had no choice but to take one of our dogs to a vet we had not been to before and the vet would hit the animals that were there if they didnt behave even if they were in extreme pain like our baby was, she went to snap at him because he was being rough with her and he hit her across the head in front of us, my brother punched him in the face for it and we took it further and he is no longer a vet and was charged with multiple counts of animal cruelty.

There's no need to treat animals badly or be in it for the money they can't help themselves.

Hope your little one gets better soon xx