Pools And Huskies

myka

so im wondering if i should get luna a kiddy pool that she can play in? anyone else dogs like water? we have a big 14ft above ground pool... (not set up yet), but i dont think she will be in that one because of the ladder.....who all lets there dogs swim? do they like water? 

Balto loves the water. We take him to our local dog park here and it has a lake in the middle of it and Balto loves loves loves loves loves to play in the water!!!! He becomes a very dirty boy but he still loves it!!! We are wanting to get a kiddy pool for him this summer. Balto also loves bath time when he gets it, so I would say get one and have your pup play in it with no water and then add water to it and see how she takes to it

I don't know about my other two yet, but Nikko seems to be indifferent.  My friend has an above ground pool and we put Nikko in there last summer, and he seemed to like swimming but would get scared sometimes and try scratching at the walls.  And going up and down the ladder was tricky. 

I bought him a kiddie pool, and he would get in for a second, drink some of the water and get back out.  He refused to sit down in the water though, like he didn't want his butt wet LOL.  He had the most fun eating the stream of water when it was filling up

it will be interesting to see if the other 2 like it

I'm thinking of doing a little pool too. Chula hates baths, but she had so much fun playing in a giant puddle that formed after torrential rain that I'm wondering if she wouldn't love a pool.

When you google dog pools, you get both the cheapie plastic kind, and then some are galvanized steel tubs. Those are kind of expensive though! 

12988_303078563151329_1504840473_n.jpg

5937_310963905696128_1091104299_n.jpg

552081_230305943761925_66593933_n.jpg

They are great fun :D Shadow wont actually get in it though but Skye will :) In the future i plan to have an actual pool that starts shallow and gets a bit deeper as shadow will only walk into water he wont step in weird dog lol

i got a kiddie plastic pool and Nanook is afraid of deep water even in lakes she doesnt soak above her belly but in the summer all they need is shallow water to cool off from their paws so kiddie pool easy to clean easy to fill and cheap, and they love it