Do Owners Of Other Breeds Do This ??

Andy

If I see someone with a Husky,

I'll go over and chat to them even If I don't have mine with me at the time.

I'll give them a H-O biz card.

I've been known to slam the brakes on, pull the car over, and go running back up the street waving like a lunatic.

Do owners of other breeds have the same insane need to confront complete strangers and chat to them

simply because they own the same breed of dog ??

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope - we're weird like that! :P

Speaking of that....I need some of those H-O business cards...

get mine at Vista print :)

I've been looking at them too. But the starting amount is 250 (for $10). I don't even KNOW 250 people - let alone husky owners!

you'd be surprised at how quickly you'll run out :)

I do with eskimos too. I've seen an eskimo walking in my neighborhood so far but haven't been able to find what house they live in to stalk them for a playdate >_>

Wow that Eskimo is a long way from his Igloo on the tundra. . . :P

Your humor has no limits.

Especially when I'm fatigued at the end of a 12 hour shift. :P

going home in 5 mins . . . YAY :)

Nope-I avoid people haha I'm not a people person but i have a lot of people come upto me and talk to me if they have a husky or mal with them ill talk to them but if they don't and ask stupid questions I look at them funny and hope they leave lol

All snow dogs and wolfy types it's like family, you just have to say hello. It's like WV Bug owners, you just have to wave lol, I have never waved to other Punto, Zafira or fiesta owners

We used to do it when it was incredibly rare to see another northern breed. Nowadays it is just too depressing. 9 times out of 10 the dogs are puppy farm dogs and, to be honest, many of them are just rehomes waiting to happen. We do tend to give them SHWA(UK) cards though, so they know where they can go for help and support if they need it.

I have never seen anyone else out with a Malinois but I would talk to them if I saw one! I don't see too many Sibes but I do see a few beagles and love to chat to other owners. I'd happily talk to any other dog owners!

I do think husky owners are one of a kind ;) whenever I'm out walking Dime and met another husky owner, 9 times out of 10 we would both stop walking to say "hi" to each other :D sometimes we would both yell "oh my is that a husky??" :P I am yet to see a husky owner that is as determined as @Andy though :P I've never seen other breed owners doing this LOL maybe it's because of the Siberian Husky's rarity in my town. I met Diamond's husky friend Mike because his owners stopped in front of my house on their morning walk to take a picture of Diamond! x) 

It seems to be a silent code between husky owners aha, if we spot one another we just have to go say hello aha.

We went to the beach the other day and I saw a man with a husky on the opposite side of the beach, seems he spotted us too as we headed straight to each other, ignoring all other dogs in our path lmao, the dog's greated each other with the usual husky air tackle ahaha

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

I dont stalk other husky owners TBH lol!!!

So who or what do you stalk then :P