Do Owners Of Other Breeds Do This ??

Andy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a husky we see tied out down the driveway of a house on the main road on the way home.

It's a really busy road.

Otherwise we would stop and put a card through the door.

It's also right next to a speed camera which don't help :eek:

mother in law likes to go and chat with every single dog owner she sees, she doesn't even know the people's names just the dogs.  I can be talking to her and she'll say something like "Oh, I bumped into Archie today", to which I'll reply "who?", "you know, the young, bouncy german shepherd that likes Bear".  I usually still am completely clueless but smile politely and just nod like I know what or who she's talking about. 

Personally I don't throw myself or chase after anyone but that's partly because it's not really normal behaviour to be social in this area and partly because I'm fairly quiet (not shy, just aware that I have a remarkable habit of putting my foot in my mouth when I'm nervous so try to avoid embarrassment by saying as little as possible!)

With us it's just Huskies or Mals

Say hello . . . .chat. . . . 

Tell them about the forum

give them a card and hope they join up :)

The only other husky owner I've met he brought his dog right over when he saw Chula. It's the only time I've seen Chula roll on her back for another dog. It was fun to talk to someone who understands the complexities of husky ownership. If I saw another husky I'd definitely go try to meet its owner. If only so Chula could maybe meet a playmate who understands her style of play. :)

yup, we have stopped & accosted many a husky owner in the last 7 years!! Never did it with my GSD, I would smile & nod my head to the owner but that's all.

mother in law likes to go and chat with every single dog owner she sees, she doesn't even know the people's names just the dogs.  I can be talking to her and she'll say something like "Oh, I bumped into Archie today", to which I'll reply "who?", "you know, the young, bouncy german shepherd that likes Bear".  I usually still am completely clueless but smile politely and just nod like I know what or who she's talking about. 

Personally I don't throw myself or chase after anyone but that's partly because it's not really normal behaviour to be social in this area and partly because I'm fairly quiet (not shy, just aware that I have a remarkable habit of putting my foot in my mouth when I'm nervous so try to avoid embarrassment by saying as little as possible!)

We're a bit like that, when we talk about someone we bumped into, for intance, it's usually "you know, so-and-so's Mum/Dad" - we know the dogs' names but the owners are just a haze! :P