Kangooroo Husky Puppy

Cynthia DD

Hello, my apache is nearly 5 months and he`s like a kangooroo, he likes to jump on kitchen counters, table, us, couch my 2years old daugther had a bad encounter with the puppy very much excited to see her, that one was severly punished ok not physically punished but he was put in crate for a while, to calm down.... any piece of advice, please cause my female never did that..... im lost and some of his bad behavior was well corrected but he`s still very much use his mouth and bitting theeting on my hands

Cynthia

Try to make him sit before greeting people.

once learned it makes them pause before greeting and helps diffuse the jumpiness.

Also try not to use the crate as a time out place.

We always try to encourage crates as a safe warm go to sleep safe place to be.

Rather than a place of punishment.

Agree with both above..i had to block kitchen off so my Cherokee could not get on the counters..but i do not know what the layout of your house is so dont know if that will work for you..also we trained ours at 3 months on that they are not aloud on the furniture inless we say..everytime they would get on without our permission we would tell them down and take them outside or block them in a separate room from the rest of the dogs and house so they knew it was punishment for what they did..they are now 8 months old and they finally caught on and learned to stay down inless we say at 7 months old..the only time they get on stuff now without permission is if they get the zoomies which we cant stop them when they go into the zoomies lol...for jumping on people we taught them sit and stay and when they did not listen when some one came over it was sudden punishment..when they did good and listened we allowed the visitor to give a treat

Hello, i do not use the crate as punishment but as a place to calm down its all in the way i put the dog in the crate, very calm and no screaming, just a go to your bed and calm down a little not very long and everytime he relaxe and come out of ther calm and receptive. I am asking him to sit for almost everything, receiving food, affection, attention, but the kitchen its the mad place, so now when we eat, i crate him and the other one wonder around the table and im working on her to stay on the mat. I will try more positive reinforcement, but now the older one lost the privilege of the couch because her behavior, and they will be both off the furniture, period. i was very open with only one dog but now the dynamic has changed and i feel that i need more boundaries for both of them otherwise its mad house for sure