Oh Diamond You Cunning Little...

mydiamond

why is it that he can never be fully house-trained??  :( he was sleeping peacefully near the sofa while I'm browsing the forum just a few moments ago, and then I have to go to the toilet. When I am about to return to the sofa I hear the sound of water running and when I turned my head around... I saw Diamond peeing on a chair!  :angry: I was about to yell "oh Diamond not again" but when I said the "oh" he turned around, put on a guilty "uh oh" look and ran away to hide himself. He KNEW he's not supposed to pee there! All this time I thought maybe he doesn't know peeing in the house is wrong because I rarely catch him in the act. But now I know that's not the case... I must've screwed with his training somewhere and he now believes peeing in the house is okay as long as no one is watching :( how do I fix this?? I have just walked him for 2.5 hours! I'm pretty sure he had peed every single drop of pee he has in his bladder in that walk! but of course a few naps later he feels the need to wet the chair. Great. Just great. Can't he just alert me if he needs to "go"? He used to do that... now he just waits until I leave the room  :(

I would start with the training all over again. And take him with ypu to toilet if you must. IÅ¥s quite possible he can still smell the pee from the furniture?

There's always some pee left for situations "what if"...

Yeah, I'm starting to believe that this glass cleaner substance is not taking out the pee scent completely. I don't know what else should I use though. Diamond's prev owner suggested bug spray but it's troublesome to keep Diamond away from the area after spraying the bug spray---because he likes to pee on this chair that is right in the middle of the room. Oh well, guess I'm gonna go back to square one in training! 

not sure if you have tried it or whether you could or not but i was told vix vapour rub because apparently dogs absolutely hate the smell of it xx

not to sure on how to get rid of the smell because i am having those troubles myself..but i would also suggest taking him into the restroom with you maybe so he knows that when you leave its not ok to potty..or take him outside to let him use the restroom before you decide to go to the restroom? im not to sure just trying to input a bit! let me know what you figure out on how to get rid of the smell..best of luck