Majorly Bad News For Me Last Night :(

huskylynz

Had a very scary text on my phone when i finished work at 7 from my boyfriend Mark's friend saying Mark had had a serious accident on his bike. He had fallen off and hit a tree stump. I rushed to Scarborough hospital and they told me he had a shattered spleen and kidney and they were going to transfer him to york to try to block the internal bleeding but if they couldn't it would be life saving surgery.

They took us in ambulance to York where i had to wait about 2 hours to find out what was happening, then the nurse came and told me his organs were too damaged to save and they were going to have to do emergency surgery and remove them both. They let me see him for a minute before they took him to theatre. Dont think ive ever been so scared and worried in my life! Called them this morning and they said he's on the intensive care ward and is doing ok, i can go see him after 1 o clock. Just praying that the worst is over and he'll be on road to recovery, but he is going to have to be on medication for the rest of his life.

Mark definitly won't be at husky camp, i can't see me being either now. If by friday hes definitly going to be ok I may still come but last thing i want is to be worried all weekend.

I just can't believe it, the day before i got news that a friend of ours was in intensive care from a car accident and now this 2. Hes only 25 :(

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god hun I'm so so sorry, will be thinking of you and mark, he sure sounds like he is a fighter though

Shout if you need anything, you have a huge husky family here x x x x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Omg, sending you hugs and hoping he stays strong and fights his way out of this soon. Take care, have you got someone with you for support?

My dad wouldn't let me drive last night as I was a bit of a mess so he stayed with me. I'm visiting alone today but have people to call on if I need them here :)

So sorry to hear this! You know where I am if you need anything :) let me know if you are coming still Friday morning :)

Hiya I should have a better idea on Wednesday or Thursday, will let you know. As long as he's ok il still come but while he's in intensive care I think il be here everyday. Il keep you updated :)

everything human and husky crossed down here, that everything goes well for mark.

:grouphug:

Hope he's ok and recovers well!! My hubby is new at riding bikes and has a lead hand and scares me everytime he leaves on it..he will be in our thoughts and prayers!<br /><br />Sent from my Huawei-U8652 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Lynsey, so sorry to hear about Mark, but remember he is in the best place & sounds like he's built of stern stuff. I'm a biker & like husky owners, we are a big family too. If you need anything, shout up, any of us will help where we can. Keep us updated with Mark's recovery, x

hope you are both ok, very scarey how quickly these things happen. Stay positive and he is young and with you there will keep fighting. There will be more husky camps I am sure (well hoping as we can't get to this either) You can keep up with camp antics on here as I am sure lots of folks will be posting pictures and stories.

I will add both of you to my prayer list.  I cannot imagine what you must be going through right now, nor what Mark has ahead of him.  Keep your spirits up when you visit him, let him know that you are there to support his recovery, and keep a positive attitude.  We will all be pulling for him, let him know that as well.

Camp for s unimportant.. you make sure your fella is ok. Hope h gets better soon<br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />