Butter For Nipping?

Bambi92

Sorry if this in the wrong section

I was watching dogs 101 and it was about puppies.

One of the pups were nipping hands and the 'trainer' pulled out a clump of frozen butter and rubbed a bit of it on the hands of to kids that the pup lived with and made the pup lick it off there hand and said it teaches them that they should lick hands not nip them.

Has anyone tried this?

I would think that if the pup likes the taste of butter it would bite the hand and try to eat it?

It's the first time I've heard of someone using butter to stop a dog nipping anyone heard of this before?

I have seen that episode too.  I laughed.  I have had 2 trainers tell me no.  It can cause biting.  I never did try it though.  I am interested to see if anyone has.

That's what I did to lol I don't think I'd like to try it be interesting to see if anyone has like you said though

Is that the programme with Brad Pattison? He's an idiot. 

I guess it depends on the dog, and if you really want to teach them to lick your hands madly. I'd prefer a dog that just left my hands alone!

Haha I'm with you on that one I don't see how it would work other then to make the dog lick constantly which would in a way be more annoying then nipping

mine would rather have peanut butter lol

Sasha hates peanut butter and butter I tried to give her some peanut butter one day and she looked at me as if to say "what's this crap" lol and walked off?