These Huskys Cannot Be Trusted!

Stormy

Just as you start to think you can trust them they let you down! I used to always shut the kitchen door and keep them in the same room as me at all times. They cant get upstairs anyway as its gated off.... anyway i've been letting them have full roam of downstairs (while im in) with both french doors open so they can go in and out as they please... well this morning i did the same etc went to go and sit down and hear a loud noise.... Skye was with me so i knew it was Shadow! The one who is the most "behaved" lol .... i went to look and he had had the whole bin down and then ran off with a WHOLE cooked chicken carcass bone!!! I put Skye to bed quickly and he had already eaten it before i got to him :( so hopefully he will be okay but i am so annoyed with him! I have put him in a time out for the moment for myself to calm down (and to clean up!)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hes running round like normal now but i am worried because they say never feed cooked bones and he got the whole carcass! Bin has been emptied now i wont be putting any kind of food in it ever again! 

Yep My guys have had a full sized wheely bin over to get at a chicken carcass.

It's just way too tempting.

Its been fine for months the bin as it was Skye who used to enjoy emptying it before lol! But i wont be putting food in it now i should have thought about it really!!! Shadow is always the one who goes for food naughty boy he seems fine anyway so far :) it may have been better being that part of the chicken rather than the wings etc

Y'all just don't know how to get them to behave.  My trash in in a bag in the kitchen till I take it out and while both dogs have been told "No!" for even sniffing at it, neither have even offered to get into it. 

I left a t-bone thawing on the counter the other night when I went to get mail;  Sasha didn't want to go so I left her in the house; think the steak was on the counter when I got back - of course it was.

Outside they can be hell on wheels, inside they're the best behaved Husky's I've heard about!

leyka did this a couple of weeks back escaped her crate (normally my  dogs arent allowed in my kitchen ) went out came back bin all over the place just keep an eye on him and he should be fine i was told raw fed dogs are usually ok when they do this because they have learnt to chew there food properly xx

Well we can't all be perfect :P

Believe me, it's not that I or they are perfect, I'm admitting that I'm a really lucky person!  And also kinda teasing about the "fun" challenges we do have.  Remember it wasn't all that long ago that Sasha was using the kitchen as her potty and my hand as her chew toy.  It takes time, but I'm also very lucky.

I know I was joking :) I'm very lucky in alot of ways with mine :) it's been a long time since shadow has done anything wrong he hasn't touched it since! That chicken carcass was clearly just far to tempting!

Sasha must be a broken husky lol she sniffs the bin but has never knocked it over or tried to get Into it and my OH has left it open while we weren't home and she didnt touch it (he was the one in trouble for that lol) and thankfully Sasha doesn't counter surf but that might be because the two counters we have are only just big enough to prep food on.

Glad he is ok :)