Been Gone A While

Rosemary

The light is shining at the end of the tunnel :)

It has been a long time since I have posted on the forum. I still checked in on a regular basis - but as a guest so that I didn't get distracted and start posting, we all know how addictive this place can be lol.

Anyway, I have been really, really busy in the studio. I got a contract to make recycled 'treat' bottles for a local organic pet shop. It has been hectic - especially as I only started engraving a few months ago. I am using old Nescafe coffee bottles, engraving on them, mostly wolf type stuff and paw prints, but enough is enough, now I am taking a short break.

Oh yes, I also started a book blog as a hobby, that is a lot of fun, but where to find the time ............... I usually read at night when I can't work in the studio (noise) and play on the blog at about 2am and then crash :)

Ozzy and Micah are doing well - I adore my huskies  :wub:  Micah is doing really well. We decided to not do the hip replacement and monitor her 24/7. She is also on the Vitamin C that Gigi mentioned in a post a while back - the improvement in her movement and pain levels has has been truly amazing, she is such a special little girl. 

I see a lot of new members and lots and lots of gorgeous huskies, welcome to everyone.

Edited by Rosemary

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello stranger x so glad she is doing well, and congrats on all your work! Would love to see a picture of what you've done and of course your adorable pack x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

These are the jars I am doing today, plus the one on the table which I am busy on ......  they still need their beads and tags to be attached.

post-1262-0-77971700-1368001076_thumb.jp

This is my little engraving station.  This was a learning experience.  When I got the contract we went out and bought a very expensive (to me) Dremel work table with clamps and stuff to hold the jars - but it didn't work, I needed to be able to rotate the jar as I worked.  After days of frustration I eventually took an ice cream tub put a towel in and it is perfect - cost .... zilch  :unsure:  Live and learn.  

I also needed water - glass dust is dangerous stuff, when it gets into the lungs it stays there until the day you die.  So, Monty put together a water dispenser using a plastic container and a submersible fish tank pump to pump drip water onto the piece I am busy on.

I also wear magnifying glasses and a dust filtration mask - I look like a survivor on a toxic Post Apocalyptic earth when I wear it - but safety first, vanity second.  No Linda .... no photos   :lol:

post-1262-0-11577900-1368001123_thumb.jp

I took this quick pic of the two of them sleeping - Ozzy lying half on and half off  :wacko:

post-1262-0-56109700-1368002068_thumb.jp

As you can see, nothing has changed I still talk too much  :rofl:

Hey Dunc - how you?  Are you already at camp?  What ya reading ................ write a review for my blog ...... lol

Sarah - I saw something on Facebook about you being hurt, wasn't sure what happened but hope you are okay and will be ready for camp.

Nix - I have been keeping up with you on FB, so glad you are happy and that your beautiful pack is doing well.  Skyla takes my breath away, such a beautiful girl.

Linda - when are you coming to visit me ?

Hey, Rosemary :wave1:

Those Jars are Awesome :up:

Don't stay away too long.

We misses ya :)

Am fine thanks and so looking forward to camp :)

Wading my way though Kathy Reichs at the moment could do with some new ideas ;)

Whats your blog Addy ?

Have you read Zoe Sharp?  I have a feature page of her books on my blog.  Dunc, you must really try some zombie fiction (if you haven't already)  John O'Brien, D J Molles, and James Cook - all have great series.

My Blog : http://funwithbooksblog.com/  I am trying to get a new theme to make it more 'professional' so it will probably change in the near future.

I don't think any of the books I have reviewed will be to your taste, but have a look on the menu bar at John O'Brien and DJ Molles - I will do a page for james cook when I get some time  :)

Am fine thanks and so looking forward to camp :)

Wading my way though Kathy Reichs at the moment could do with some new ideas ;)

Whats your blog Addy ?

Dunc, have you read any Tess Gerritsen - the author of the Rizzoli & Isles series.  The books are way better than the TV series - really good - highly recommend them  :lol:

hiya stranger

Did you miss the part where I have husky number 3?

Meet Aurora68583_10151624101603846_2098419053_n.jpg

I love those treat jars.

wouldnt mind a few lol but wouldnt wanna bet on them surviving the postal services from SA lol

Oh my goodness, Louise, she is gorgeous.  Congratulations  :)

Darn, I am falling behind here with only two  :( I am so jealous - she is stunning, love her colour  :wub:

Edited by Rosemary

Oh my goodness, Louise, she is gorgeous.  Congratulations  :)

Darn, I am falling behind here with only two  :( I am so jealous - she is stunning, love her colour  :wub:

thanks, shes 18 weeks now so weve had her for 10 weeks.

shes a pocket rocket for sure. a right handful!

that photo was last week and im sure shes grown more!

thanks, shes 18 weeks now so weve had her for 10 weeks.

shes a pocket rocket for sure. a right handful!

that photo was last week and im sure shes grown more!

How is your beautiful Storm and Angel doing.  Did Angel accept the puppy okay?  Darn, i am STILL jealous  :wacko:

How is your beautiful Storm and Angel doing.  Did Angel accept the puppy okay?  Darn, i am STILL jealous  :wacko:

249035_10200535020036444_1473110659_n.jp

all are fine :D angel was a bit poorly the other week but is fine now.

Storm loves her, angel was a bit unsure at first but they often play together and shes pretty good with her considering Aurora thinks Angel isnt allowed to have the toys and Aurora is allowed to have them all lol poor angel. Aurora knicks everything angel has.

but you will often find them curled up together on the settee.

249035_10200535020036444_1473110659_n.jpall are fine :D angel was a bit poorly the other week but is fine now.Storm loves her, angel was a bit unsure at first but they often play together and shes pretty good with her considering Aurora thinks Angel isnt allowed to have the toys and Aurora is allowed to have them all lol poor angel. Aurora knicks everything angel has.but you will often find them curled up together on the settee.

That is great news :-) glad they are all getting on so well - other than the puppy nicking all the toys, that is :-)

These are the jars I am doing today, plus the one on the table which I am busy on ......  they still need their beads and tags to be attached.

attachicon.gifIMG_1956.JPG

This is my little engraving station.  This was a learning experience.  When I got the contract we went out and bought a very expensive (to me) Dremel work table with clamps and stuff to hold the jars - but it didn't work, I needed to be able to rotate the jar as I worked.  After days of frustration I eventually took an ice cream tub put a towel in and it is perfect - cost .... zilch  :unsure:  Live and learn.  

I also needed water - glass dust is dangerous stuff, when it gets into the lungs it stays there until the day you die.  So, Monty put together a water dispenser using a plastic container and a submersible fish tank pump to pump drip water onto the piece I am busy on.

I also wear magnifying glasses and a dust filtration mask - I look like a survivor on a toxic Post Apocalyptic earth when I wear it - but safety first, vanity second.  No Linda .... no photos   :lol:

attachicon.gifIMG_1957.JPG

I took this quick pic of the two of them sleeping - Ozzy lying half on and half off  :wacko:

attachicon.gifIMG_1958.JPG

As you can see, nothing has changed I still talk too much  :rofl:

those jars are amazing glad to hear your all doing well xx

Hey, Rosemary :wave1:

Those Jars are Awesome :up:

Don't stay away too long.

We misses ya :)

Hi Andy, I love all the photos of Eden Kelly puts up on FB.  She is gorgeous and growing so fast.  If I had one of those in the house I would play doll all day long, quite happily :)  

Hi Andy, I love all the photos of Eden Kelly puts up on FB.  She is gorgeous and growing so fast.  If I had one of those in the house I would play doll all day long, quite happily :)

Thanks rosemary,

She is absolutely gorgeous and such a happy baby too.

Always burbling and gurgling.

Huge smiles all the time.

I'm a happy grampy :)