Husky Saved My 2 Year Old Son From Being Attacked By Staff

Hi all i just wanted to put out there how much i trust huskys,

I have a two year old son who was playing in the front room at my mother in laws house, they had a staff that they had rescued as a puppy and the dog and my son had grown up together with out any problems.

Then one day my son was quietly playing with his toys across the other side of the room, no where near the dog and then for no apparent reason this dog flew at my son and bite his face,it happened so quick and before i knew it my husky then proceed to attacked this staff biting its face pinning it down and i mean really attacking it. she chased the dog out towards my other half while i dealt with my sons bleeding face and trying to calm him down,it was then my i shouted that the dog had bite him on the face.

My husky had chased :kimba2: the dog out in to the gardens and kept him there growing and barking at him, somehow the dog manged to get back inside the house jumped up behind me trying to get away from my dog. It was then my husky who let out a bark and this staff jumped down again. The ambulance was called and off to hospital we went.

Yes the dog was destroyed as a result of what happened and also what my dog done,

i believe that if it wasn't for my husky having such a close bond with my children i could have been one of those people you hear about in the news. My son can do any thing to rogue hes like her pup she cleans him follows him sleeps at the end of his bed until hes asleep. After it happened i didn't want to own any dog as i didn't want this happening but thought she saved his life. i can never thank rogue for what she done apart from give her the cuddles and long walks she loves. Im not having a go at any people that own staff but i will never trust them again and will only own husky's as a result of this. :pawprint:  :wub:  :lovebone:  :huskyfall: 

That's awful that it happened, how long ago was it? It's a shame but no matter how much we love our fur-kids you can't trust them 100% with anyone. They have no other way of telling us they aren't happy with a situation and sometimes they attack. I'm always saddened when a dog is destroyed but in this case it was the best thing to do as it obviously could not be trusted, but this doesn't make all Staffs bad dogs. Likewise not all Huskies/Malamutes can be trusted not to do the same either. Dogs are dogs at the end of the day and they all have that potential to turn no matter how much we love them.  

Great story.

thanks for sharing.

Hope your son is ok.

I think my guys would protect my granddaughter the same way.

they all love her to bits, especially daughtry. :)

glad that your husky was able to protect him. i agree with Simon, you never know no matter what the breed. staffs/pitbulls get a bad rep, but i think it's unfair to judge the whole breed. there are too many that are loyal, amazing dogs.

So glad the youngster is okay. I understand putting a dog down when it acts vicious but I come from a "one free bite" background.  Would I want a dog who had bitten my child again? No way in hell!  But in many cases we just don't know what was going on to cause the animal to respond the way they did. With foreknowledge, it may never bite anyone again...  It's nice to hear that Rogue responded as she did ... he's her pup, huh??  That's sweet.

Your in-laws also have my sympathy because they lost a family pet for who knows what reason.