Brushing Dogs Teeth?

Bambi92

Do you brush your dogs teeth?

Lately I've notice Sasha's breath has been really bad she gets denta sticks, raw bones every now and then and she eats carrots when its good for her. I'm thinking about trying to brush her teeth having never done it before with her I'm not sure if she will let me I also thinking about trying it with Dozer as well but he's likely to eat the tooth brush haha.

If they don't allow me to brush there teeth what else can I do to help with the bad breath mainly Sasha because she's inside and always around us she has a habit of coming up and breathing in our faces trying to get her out of it.

Does she have a build up of tartar on her teeth?  

You could try brushing her teeth although I personally find this to be an exercise in frustration for both me and the dog.  Polee doesn't like having her teeth brushed and Deifen eats anything that goes anywhere near his mouth including the toothbrush.

Hard chew toys could help keeping the teeth clean as should the Dentastixs.

I don't brush my pup's teeth. Mainly because he will NOT tolerate fingers in his mouth (growly), and I don't feel like losing a finger...

So I can't help you there.

For breath, I usually let him gnaw on a raw bone (cleans the teeth). IMO, the dentasticks are useless...the dentaBONES are much better, though still fattening. 

Hard chew toys are another good alternative, I've heard. As well as any hard chew...doesn't have to be 'formulated' for breath or teeth.

ive never brushed any of my dogs teeth they get there raw bones etc and have lovely white teeth xx

Mishka actually loves it! She sits there with her mouth open lol, I think she just likes the taste of the doggy toothpaste.

They do special doggy toothbrushes, which make it real easy :)

I don't do it often, mainly coz she doesn't need it and because I don't really think about it aha.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

She has a little bit on her teeth but not much. I looked at her teeth earlier some are still nice and white but a couple aren't I'm thinking about trying the finger tooth brush she liked me rubbing her teeth a bit with my finger not sure if it will help her breath but ill give it a shot.

She gets all the other stuff and she has a few of those toys that help with dental she isn't really interested in them unless Dozer is playing with his one lol

I haven't seen the dentabones and she loves her dentasticks they seem to help her teeth a bit she had some yellow marks and stuff n her teeth before o started giving them to her then her teeth went to nice and white.

I thought it might of been because I changed her meat but her breath was getting bad before I changed it and nothing else has changed with her diet or anything so not sure what's causing it be nice to know.

Her epilepsy tablets wouldn't affect her breath would they? That's the only thing that's changed that I can think of.

Mishka actually loves it! She sits there with her mouth open lol, I think she just likes the taste of the doggy toothpaste.They do special doggy toothbrushes, which make it real easy :)I don't do it often, mainly coz she doesn't need it and because I don't really think about it aha.Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Haha I wish Sasha would be like that but I think she might be more interested in eating the toothpaste but I'm going to try it see what happens hopefully it will help her.

Mine have immaculate teeth but that is due to a raw diet

What does the raw diet consist of?

I just changed Sasha to kangaroo mince but she still gets her kibble but I'm not sure if I give her enough meat or not. She eats it all and goes looking for more and tries to open the fridge lol but not sure if that's because she likes it so much or because I haven't given her enough.

How much should I be giving her?

What does the raw diet consist of?

I just changed Sasha to kangaroo mince but she still gets her kibble but I'm not sure if I give her enough meat or not. She eats it all and goes looking for more and tries to open the fridge lol but not sure if that's because she likes it so much or because I haven't given her enough.

How much should I be giving her?

I will answer this for you after camp but have a search round the forum regarding raw diets there is alot of information :)

i used to brush pandas teeth everyday...then turned to twice a week. (Got Lazy) lol.

He's on a raw diet now and i have not brushed for over 9 months now. He even got a compliment from the vet saying his teeth is really clean and asked if i brushed his teeth everyday.

He also gets a vegetable chew stick at night time.

i used to brush pandas teeth everyday...then turned to twice a week. (Got Lazy) lol.

He's on a raw diet now and i have not brushed for over 9 months now. He even got a compliment from the vet saying his teeth is really clean and asked if i brushed his teeth everyday.

He also gets a vegetable chew stick at night time.

Haha that'll be me in a few months when my baby comes along.

I didnt know you could get vegetable chews for dogs knew you could for rabbits lol

Update: I bought Sasha a toothbrush and toothpaste yesterday and to my suprise she let me brush her teeth I didnt do it for long mainly did her front teeth until she gets use to it she didn't try to eat the toothbrush just tried to take off with the toothpaste haha

i brush echos teeth because i have since he was a pup and he will cry all night if he doesnt get it done before bed..he is so spoiled..but the rest of the pack i just feed bones or rawhides and it cleans them up rather nicely!

Haha Sasha looks at me like 'really your brushing my teeth' lol

She had a bone a few days ago but I don't give them to her much because she gets over protective of it and gets really snappy so unless we are with her and she's on her towel I'm still trying to teach Missy to stay away from Sasha when she's eating but its not really working lol