Meet 7 Week Old Roxy And 3 Year Old Sky

Well I had a horrible day... I was at the ER from 330am to 3pm for a damn Kidney stone... That is like childbirth for men... If you havent ever had one you don't want to know the pain. But any way, I have a few new photos and a video to share. The video isn't the best as it was done off my itouch, but still pretty funny.

Together forever

SkyandRoxytogether_zps1947af57.jpg

Before Shadow(the cat) got eaten by a coyote.

sky3_zps0dfb91c5.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome, we have 2 huskies and a White GSD, named. . . Echo :P

This forum seems almost unique in that we answer quickly,

and you tend to get lots of responses.

We tried various Husky and GSD sites and found they were very Elitist and cliquey.

We don't have any of that nonesense here :lol:

post-1354-0-70350400-1368602548_thumb.jp

Welcome, we have 2 huskies and a White GSD, named. . . Echo :P

This forum seems almost unique in that we answer quickly,

and you tend to get lots of responses.

We tried various Husky and GSD sites and found they were very Elitist and cliquey.

We don't have any of that nonesense here :lol:

attachicon.gifWelcome%20to%20HO.jpg

I really do believe that of the GSD forums. Very nice pack you have there as well.

I really do believe that of the GSD forums. Very nice pack you have there as well.

:welcomepack: What lovely looking girls you have :) Roxy is so cute and fluffy :wub:

Thank you very much. Also today Sky got out... We got lucky and someone found her.... She broke the clip holding her steel wire leash(we have this out front so she can wander to about the sidewalk) and the clip holding the leash to collar broke... So has anyone ever tried a carabiner and will it hold?

Thank you very much. Also today Sky got out... We got lucky and someone found her.... She broke the clip holding her steel wire leash(we have this out front so she can wander to about the sidewalk) and the clip holding the leash to collar broke... So has anyone ever tried a carabiner and will it hold?

Should do I use one on my walking belt the clasp screws shut so it can't ping open

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome! How cute are your pups! :wub:

X

Should do I use one on my walking belt the clasp screws shut so it can't ping open

Thank you very much. Roxy has grown a lot over the last week. Sky... I'm kind of mad at her right now... But thank you for the advice. I really hope this works. She just loved to get out. This is the third time. First time she jumped a 6 foot fence, so we made it 8 feet, second time she fit through the front gate that had a gap at the bottom of about 4 inches and she got out threw that(which is very surprising a dog her size could do that) so we put a lock on the bottom of the gate, and now she broke the clip. She really wants a taste of the wild haha. What a pun "taste of the wild" lol.

Hello, My name is Amanda!! I just got my first Husky 2 days ago! I am trying to be paitent, right now I am working on potty training. If you have any tips that would be great! and your dogs are simply adorable! I can not wait until Rylee gets bigger! Dogs are so much fun! Just trying to get past the stage where she pees in the house!

Hello, My name is Amanda!! I just got my first Husky 2 days ago! I am trying to be paitent, right now I am working on potty training. If you have any tips that would be great! and your dogs are simply adorable! I can not wait until Rylee gets bigger! Dogs are so much fun! Just trying to get past the stage where she pees in the house!

Thank you. My main thing with Sky when I was potty training her is to not leave to many pee pads around the house. Your pup might think it is then okay to pee in the house. So only have 2 or 3 pee pads in her "favorite" area's to go pee/poop in the house. Then you can always try to treat or reward her for peeing/pooping outside.

So very cute!  Now I want a GSD puppy!  We were at PetSmart tonight and there were a couple GSD pups I wanted to take home!  

I have 3 tho and that's plenty for me!  That's scary she got out, I'm glad you got her back though!  

So very cute!  Now I want a GSD puppy!  We were at PetSmart tonight and there were a couple GSD pups I wanted to take home!  

I have 3 tho and that's plenty for me!  That's scary she got out, I'm glad you got her back though!  

They are the little land sharks I can tell you that much. They just steal everything and chew on it... Not to mention they are the polar opposite of a Husky. They follow you everywhere, they are really really really playful(even more then my Husky as a puppy) haha. They also can't stand to be left alone as to where Sky can be very independent and not care at all.

Haha. They sound perfect lol. Sometimes I want to cuddle with mine and the little s$%# will get up and move! Only when they are tired do I get affection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We use a carabiner on our walking belt for Kodiak and it holds! It is a heavy duty one as he is such a big boy (56kg) :)

Haha. They sound perfect lol. Sometimes I want to cuddle with mine and the little s$%# will get up and move! Only when they are tired do I get affection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Sky only gives me affection when she wants to. She will just walk up to me for a minute or two and be like okay you can pet me now. Haha.

Here is also some video's of when Sky was younger and the first day I got her. I lived in an apartment at the time  She was a rescue, she was under weight,had the beginnings of mange on the tips of her ears. She had 2 different types of worms and other parasites(that's why her belly looks very extended). But... Now she is healthy and well as you can see from her pictures.

Skys' first day home.

Sky when she was around 1ish. She is a little wet.

GSD are truly Amazing. I adopted my girl Minna a couple years ago and she has been the best dog ever. She will be 3 on Nov 24th 2013. Very Loving and motherly, she has never had puppies I had her spayed but she just ADORES my son like he is her own! :)  

We are ADDING a Male Husky to our pack in a few weeks! We are anxiously waiting for him to turn 8 weeks old so we can bring him home.  

post-10544-0-17015000-1369780336_thumb.j

post-10544-0-53502900-1369780354_thumb.j

post-10544-0-60654500-1369780363_thumb.j

GSD are truly Amazing. I adopted my girl Minna a couple years ago and she has been the best dog ever. She will be 3 on Nov 24th 2013. Very Loving and motherly, she has never had puppies I had her spayed but she just ADORES my son like he is her own! :)  

We are ADDING a Male Husky to our pack in a few weeks! We are anxiously waiting for him to turn 8 weeks old so we can bring him home.  

Very nice! Sky is very motherly, I will include a video below when I saw our old cat Shadow trying to feed off her. It was the first time i've ever seen that. You can even hear the cat purring when I get close up in the video. But that was two years ago, now I have seen it all haha. I hope Roxy though being a GSD will show the love too when see is older. Right now she just follows us around everywhere and whines at everything. And yes that is Sublime in the background if anyone asks.

LOL that is TOOOOOO Funny!!! The cat is trying to suckle milk. That is what they do to their mommas. My 2 cats do it All of the time to our blankets. I am impressed how calm Sky is tho. She doesn't seem to mind at all. I am sure she can sense that the kitty is being loving tho. Too Cute!!

LOL that is TOOOOOO Funny!!! The cat is trying to suckle milk. That is what they do to their mommas. My 2 cats do it All of the time to our blankets. I am impressed how calm Sky is tho. She doesn't seem to mind at all. I am sure she can sense that the kitty is being loving tho. Too Cute!!

Yeah she did like the cat before it got ate, they would play really well. The cat would run up to Sky and bat(without using her claws)at  her snout and Sky would chase her and grab her and put her in her mouth but not close it. They were very good together surprisingly, I honestly thought Sky would have ate the cat as Huskies do have high prey drives, but instead a coyote got the cat.