Lunas Changed On Walks Since Her Month Of Not Having Them :(

emmaj87

when I first got Luna we took her for regular walks and she was well behaved, we use a extendable lead (not too long) and shes was brilliant on it, she would stay close and wouldn't pull, she would walk as long as she could and then either stop and wait for us to catch her up or she would come back and walk with us!!! then after finding out about her vaccinations not being done she then had to stay in for a month while she had her vaccinations :( she is now aloud back out and weve started going for walks again and now shes harder than before, she pulls and bites her lead for the first 5mins, then calms down and will behave on lead like she used too but if I lock the extendable lead she pulls to the point where shes making horrid noises and jumps to try move, she wont stop pulling when the lead is shortened, but as soon as I unlock the lead she is fine and stops pulling :/ what should I do??? do I train her on a shorter lead? or are there ways of training on a extendable lead?? or do I do short lead walks and extendable lead walks at different times and do each of them each day?? and as she is 4months old Id like to sort this before shes big enough to pull me over lol . . . . . is it because she didn't have walks or is it just her age?

I think it's just because she's excited. You know how much dogs love walks ;) Suddenly, for a reason Luna doesn't know, she has to stay home for one whole month. But then, one day... TA DAAA the walks are back!! Imagine how excited she'd be :D I'm sure if you put her back on her old walking schedule she'll calm down soon and behave like before :) the fact that she walks really well after 5 minutes of the initial excitement shows that she hasn't forgotten her training, so... yeah, lucky you :P she's young, but I'm sure she's too young to be called a teenager. So we can't really blame her age right now. However, if she starts deliberately forgetting her training in the next 2 months or so, guess you are free to blame the teenage stage :P 

Got solo as an adult so he was pretty much trained. I do use different leads for different occasions though and he responds to this, he walks on a short double ended lead when I'm on my own that has a handle bit I put near his collar so if he is pulling I can hold that. I've tried him on a anti pull harbess which worked till he out grew it but got the idea into his head. Charlie now wears that hates i but my arm so much better for it lol (don't be fooled by his size his behavior is worse). Keep perservering you'll get there.