Feeling Sad. Rip...

Elyse

A baby robin fell out of its nest 2 days ago. The parents were still with it, feeding it and etc.

After doing everything we could (providing worms for the parents, putting the baby back in the nest, etc), the baby bird has died. Probably from exposure to the cold/wind - the parents never came back for it.

We followed the animal rehab's instructions: didn't touch it with our hands or anything. I guess the parents must have thought we killed it. 
If we wouldn't have tried to put it in the nest, it would have died anyway. We have so many cats, raccoons, etc here. I can't help but feel very sad for it, and guilty. I know there was more I could have done - but the animal rehab center was full...so they couldn't take it. Already called the general HS, they didn't care cause "its a wild animal".

RIP baby robin. :(

12965240.jpg

(picture from this afternoon)

I know the parents will make another nest and lay more eggs in about 10 days. So let's just hope they make the nest in another one of our trees - I was looking forward to watching them grow up and fly.