Guess Who Decided To Show There Faces!

Bambi92

Some may remember the story of Dozer and his owners and the arguements caused by a vet bill.

Well we rang them nearly 2 months ago for the 3rd time about either paying the bill or signing him over they said they would talk to each other about it and ring us back they never rang back like normal, tbh I wasn't expecting them too do anything they said, instead they decided to turn up on our doorstep at 6.30pm unannounced (which I hate at the best of times) my dad and OH we're outside I was inside, OH called me I asked him what he wanted he didn't answer, dad comes in and says "you've got visitors" here I was thinking it might of been OHs family or something but no it was them my OH was talking to them I went from happy to overly angry at the fact that they thought it was ok to show up unannounced after what they did, said and not bothering with Dozer for the over 9mths he's been with us. I didnt go out to see them because I would of said everything I thought of them for what they did. Once they left I asked what they wanted OH says "oh they just wanted to know how things were going and that there going to sign Dozer over to us and they will be back tomorrow sometime" me being me doesn't believe a word that comes out of there mouth regarding Dozer so if they turn up tomorrow to sign him over ill be very surprised.

Later on my OH said they said sorry for putting me through this. I don't care for there apologies mainly because it wasn't said to me and because its most likely BS.

I am honestly hoping they finally do the right thing by Dozer I never had any intentions of keeping Dozer I would have been happy to give him back even though I didnt agree with how they treated him but after them not asking about him or even slightly attempting to pay for his flea treatment there was no way in hell they were getting him back!

If they do come back then Dozer has found his furever home and he will be loved and spoilt just like the rest of the animals we have he's already apart of the family but it will be official from Monday (as I will have to go to the council and change it over)

Fingers crossed they come back even though I don't want to see them lol

Hope they do and then you can put them behind you, and get on with your furpack with no further worries. :up:

My instant reaction is almost always "give them the benefit the doubt", however in this particular case, you've been there/done that/ and the tshirt you got  is now old and stinky!  So that said, I seriously don't blame your lack of faith or respect for them: they simply don't deserve it!  Fingers crossed though, you never know, maybe this time they'll stick to their word! 

My instant reaction is almost always "give them the benefit the doubt", however in this particular case, you've been there/done that/ and the tshirt you got  is now old and stinky!  So that said, I seriously don't blame your lack of faith or respect for them: they simply don't deserve it!  Fingers crossed though, you never know, maybe this time they'll stick to their word!

I always do that but I'm also very wary of it as I've been stuffed around so much I was ready to take the legal way around it and have them explain the abandonment to the authorities there sort of lucky they turned up when they did.

If they don't stick to it this time ill be taking it further I'm so sick and tired of them.

Hard part is I know my OH is going to want to still talk to them (not sure why after everything that's been done and said but that's upto him) and for me not to want to rip there heads off and for me to 'get over' what they have done to Dozer will take a very long time if at all but I guess ill have to be civil for my OH sake and bite my tongue like I always do :(

Hmmmn.   If you're not happy with seeing them right now, (and lets face it who could blame you) then  my answer is don't  do it.  Technically they're not your friends, they're his and while in most instances when you're a couple friends usually become mutual, perhaps in this case it's wise to keep them separate for as long as it takes to be in the same room as them without constantly fighting the urge to knock them out!  If that's forever, then so be it. 

Hmmmn.   If you're not happy with seeing them right now, (and lets face it who could blame you) then  my answer is don't  do it.  Technically they're not your friends, they're his and while in most instances when you're a couple friends usually become mutual, perhaps in this case it's wise to keep them separate for as long as it takes to be in the same room as them without constantly fighting the urge to knock them out!  If that's forever, then so be it.

I refused to see them last night I think it annoyed my OH though but like my mum told me I don't need the stress of them.

I'm good at pretending nothing is wrong so it comes in handy but I'm unsure if years of doing that is going to help this case so avoiding them is my best option at the moment.

I did make it clear to my OH last night that there's one thing you don't do with me and that's make me this angry when it comes to animals he knew as soon as I said it that putting me in the same room as them would be an extremely bad idea lol so hopefully he doesn't.

And thank you for the replies its good to be able to vent on here and have people either feel the same way I do about it or give advice on how to deal with it :)

There is such a thing as "righteous anger" When it comes to abuse in any situation human or animal anger is appropriate. Do what you need to prevent rage from occurring rage is anger out of control. Not a good thing. Consider carefully what you will do if they decide to reneage on the desire to turn him over to you. It they do turn him over all the better. If they don't havinga plan will go a long way in preventing something very ugly happening. All the best and I hope this fur-baby has found his "fur-ever" home with you!

Carmen OFM

Well its 6.10pm and they haven't shown up yet.

I'm assuming now that what ever they had to say yesterday including the 'apology' was all BS but never know they might turn up later (highly doubt it) unless there driving back home at night I'm really starting to want to slap them both silly!

But if they don't turn up ill be taking it further and taking the legal path.

The many circles this is taking me through just don't seem worth the stress but then I look at Dozers face and his big goofy smile and it breaks my heart :( but once its all over when ever that may be his happiness will be all worth it.

It must be very hard for you, I don't think I would be able to relax if I was in your situation and am impressed you managed to stay out of the way yesterday, I'm not sure I would have been able to do that, well done!

Oh I do hope they come back and do the right thing for Dozer x

It must be very hard for you, I don't think I would be able to relax if I was in your situation and am impressed you managed to stay out of the way yesterday, I'm not sure I would have been able to do that, well done!

Oh I do hope they come back and do the right thing for Dozer x

It was extremely hard too, I went and cleaned up my kitchen to stop myself going out there lol

Well weekend is over and the so and so's didnt turn up not that I expected them too. Ill be getting my OH to ring them tomorrow to see what there excuse is and I'm pretty sure it'll be 'you weren't home' we were home all day except for about 40mins in the late afternoon.

I'm sick of being stuffed around so ill be telling my other to tell them that they have two choices 1: they come and sign the papers or 2: I take legal action and they explain why they abandoned Dozer here to the authorities and they will have till next Sunday to show there faces if they don't then they can face the consequences at this present time I would love to take a drive but I know ill end up behind bars if I do lol or not a good idea.

If they turn up unannounced again I won't hold back I will be saying every single thing on my mind and what I think about them there's only so much I can take and I've had enough I'm two and a half mths off giving birth I don't need there crap on top of everything else.

Still haven't heard from them and OH can't get a hold of them if my OH can't get a hold of them today ill be finding out off the rescue group I'm involved with what they called it to go down the path of abandonment.

I'm now at the point where I couldn't care less what they say or what my OH says when it comes it how I handle this its not them that have to deal with it, it's me and I now have a few things to do with my pregnancy to deal with :( the added stress isn't needed.

How would you deal with them?

Knowing they only fed him once maybe twice a week when they had him and all he got was crap kibble, he had no toys, they hardly ever walked him , he hardly ever had clean water and now they have abandoned him with us (not that, that's a bad thing because he's much happier and he's well looked after) for the last 8-10mths can't remember exactly how long he's been with us its been more then 7mths though.

It makes me so damn angry and upset that I just want to scream and cry :(

Dozer belongs with you.  You have cared for him and have given him everything that he needs to be happy.  You have so much going on with growing a happy and healthy human.  Yes, they are crappy people.  I think it is reasonable for anyone to believe that you are Dozer's owners.  Check with the rescue on the abandonment of him.  Do what you have to do.  I don't see how they could get him back.  7 months is a long time.  Enjoy him and know that you are doing the right thing.  He is your boy. 

Dozer belongs with you.  You have cared for him and have given him everything that he needs to be happy.  You have so much going on with growing a happy and healthy human.  Yes, they are crappy people.  I think it is reasonable for anyone to believe that you are Dozer's owners.  Check with the rescue on the abandonment of him.  Do what you have to do.  I don't see how they could get him back.  7 months is a long time.  Enjoy him and know that you are doing the right thing.  He is your boy.

Thank you so much that's what I needed to hear I think :) with our laws if he is in there name on the microchip they can take him when ever they want no matter what I've done for him and what they haven't done for him that's the part the scares me the most they wouldn't get there hands on him without taking me out first anyway but if they ring the police we can be done for stealing him I don't think they'd do that because they know they'd have my OHs family after them but its still in the back of my mind.

My OH finally got a hold of them and they said they didn't go past our place on there way home so there going to send the papers down to us by mail (what they say and what they do are completely different) but if its not the change of ownership papers from the council there useless to us unless we take them to court which could take forever and cost a lot of money. But we will see what happens if they send them down it'll be a massive relief if they don't well it'll be yet another bump in the road. Fingers crossed they send them

do not let them.have him.

fight for him.

i cant say what id like to

%%%&%##%&&&%##%&&&&&&%%%&&***!

They won't get him without taking me out first lol as they say if your going to go down might as well make it worth it

I can't say what I want too either

Thank you so much that's what I needed to hear I think :) with our laws if he is in there name on the microchip they can take him when ever they want no matter what I've done for him and what they haven't done for him that's the part the scares me the most they wouldn't get there hands on him without taking me out first anyway but if they ring the police we can be done for stealing him I don't think they'd do that because they know they'd have my OHs family after them but its still in the back of my mind.

My OH finally got a hold of them and they said they didn't go past our place on there way home so there going to send the papers down to us by mail (what they say and what they do are completely different) but if its not the change of ownership papers from the council there useless to us unless we take them to court which could take forever and cost a lot of money. But we will see what happens if they send them down it'll be a massive relief if they don't well it'll be yet another bump in the road. Fingers crossed they send them

My fingers are crossed for you.  They will stay that way for as long as it is needed!