Loosing Teeth

love4Luna

Luna is 15 wks old today, and I think we are about ready to loose some teeth.

I was just giving her some belly rubs and it gave me a perfect view of some of her teeth. I noticed her two middle top ones looked a bit different so I kinda rubbed on them. They are very soft set in her gums, I could definitely wiggle them. With just a tiny bit of gentle pressure, they would bend down against her gums.

They must be bothering her some, she's been chewing like mad and they have a bit of a frayed look. Like from extensive chewing.

This past week, she's been begging for more tug of war games with her stuffed ferret, I'm sure this is why.

Edited by love4Luna

Bless her, I remember that with Nika, she whimpered and cried and chewed everything she could (including the underneath of 4 dining chairs!).

What we did is rip off the sleeves of an old jumper, tied knots in them, soaked them and freezed them, and for a couple of hours that soothed her teeth perfectly.

They usually see to themselves, only thing I watched for is her eating them, shouldn't do them too much damage but I was one paranoid mummy! :')

• 4 weeks later...

Kato has been teething for quite a while now, and while I was brushing his teeth ( he HATES when I do this), I noticed he has a little tooth growing in right up front! I hadn't even realized he lost it! During his first visit to the vet, which he surprisingly loves going to, she told me he would be bloody and messy when losing his teeth. So far, it looks like he has lost two, without any indication the teeth even fell out. Lately, he has been SUPER chewing on his blue Nylon-type bone, so I'm wondering if we can expect more to fall out within the next few weeks.

Luna has lost several now, only because I have checked her mouth. I have seen zero blood or teeth. I think she is just swallowing them. I was expecting some blood, but nope. I just know her new ones are quite sharp, she jumped up on me last night and took a little bite like a shark, ouch!