This Is Going To Be Really Hard

Chula

Spay was Thursday morning, its now Sunday morning and doggie thinks its time to play. Even with a full dose of the sedative she's pretty much over laying around doing nothing. We have played mind games, done treat balls, chewed on antlers...just not cutting it for her. She's bouncing off the walls.

When did you return to short walks? I do not want to do anything to hurt her but I wonder if a short walk wouldn't be less damaging than all the thrashing she's doing as I try to keep her from bounding around the house.

I took mine for short walks a couple days after their neuter because they were bouncing off the walls!  I don't think short walks are going to hurt her, the big thing is to try and keep her from jumping up on things or running.  

I took her out and she walked five minutes nice and slow, then she pooped, and then I basically had to carry her home. I think her tummy was hurting. Now she's plastered to the kitchen floor.

seems like that was enough then bless her x

Zara was back to half walks by day four and full walks by day 5. She didn't ever appear to have any tummy pain and her tummy has healed beautifully now, but each dog is different. Sorry to hear the sedatives haven't made much of a difference lol.

Just listen to your pup and keep watch for any signs of discomfort. Sounds like she knows when she's had enough :) they really are like children sometimes, so eager to get back to playing despite feeling a bit off!

This is going to be the longest week ever! She wants to zoom soooo badly. I have to trick her into stopping by bribing her with treats. Once she has that wild look in her eye its the only way to reset her brain!

So, does 10 days include the day of spaying? If she was spayed Thursday morning does that mean I'm on day 4 or day 5?

Daughtry was eager to be zooming around the garden by day 2.

We had to keep her on a leash in the house to stop her from running around like a crazy thing.

With Rori it never seemed to bother her.  We had to keep her sedated and she still was a crazy girl.  We did not let her roughhouse with Rusty and kept the cone on her.  The cone slowed her down some.  Good luck.