Followed

Stormy

Had a red landrover drive past me three times slowed down each time I was the only person on the road at the time wasn't rural was by houses. But made me feel very uneasy was two men with tattoos and vest tops I also took the number plate of the car.

Does anyone know where I report this to?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On your own, or with the dogs?  Just been reading about the increase in dog snatches (not just huskies) in a number of different areas.  Whatever, you should report this to the police.  What a horrible experience and glad you are ok, if not shaken.

That would be rather unerving, to say the least.  Good that you reported it.

Well done for A, being observant and B, smart enough to report it !  As for carrying something just be careful what you carry.  Mace/pepper spray illegal, perfume, hairsprays and deodorant are all legal. Knife illegal, LARGE HEAVY spare dog chain legal,  because they are things not made to harm  (  like mace or a six inch lock knife !)  I would suggest a loud rape alarm but some of them can freak a dog out,  good luck !

Well done for A, being observant and B, smart enough to report it !  As for carrying something just be careful what you carry.  Mace/pepper spray illegal, perfume, hairsprays and deodorant are all legal. Knife illegal, LARGE HEAVY spare dog chain legal,  because they are things not made to harm  (  like mace or a six inch lock knife !)  I would suggest a loud rape alarm but some of them can freak a dog out,  good luck !

Anything when used as a weapon, regardless of it's actual intended use, is regarded by the police as assault.

So you have to be careful. However they should take into account the circumstances in which it was used.

3 men against one woman, they might turn a blind eye unless one of the people sustains a serious injury.

Also if the dogs protect the owner, If the men claim that she urged the dogs to defend her, they could be deemed as being used as a dangerous weapon and taken away and destroyed.

You are allowed to defend yourself. however it is the degree of force used in defending yourself that is in question.

Our society is crazy in that the victim can end up a criminal by defending themselves.

Glad your ok :)

There's someone hanging around our area at the moment that's approached 2 teens in the last few days the police have said to use deodorant, spray and run to the nearest house or home which ever is safest and report it. It might be different over there as to what you can use though. I don't normally carry anything with me if I'm with my OH but if I'm alone as I've been approached and worse before my bag is normally heavy enough to hit someone over the head with and knock them down but then I don't normally carry a bag either.

Over here the law states you can defend yourself, but using reasonable force. For example, if you had shot those two men in your situation...you would be charged with attempted murder/assault, even though you were clearly defending yourself. 

And in these situations its hard for the judge to figure out what is 'reasonable'. It's basically your word against somebody elses'.

If possible, I would walk with somebody. A friend, a neighbour, anybody you trust - preferably with somebody who looks like they can kick butt! Safety in numbers and all that.

Go out ready.........

attachicon.gif6155859_700b.jpg

That would be a bit cold!

Over here the law states you can defend yourself, but using reasonable force. For example, if you had shot those two men in your situation...you would be charged with attempted murder/assault, even though you were clearly defending yourself. 

And in these situations its hard for the judge to figure out what is 'reasonable'. It's basically your word against somebody elses'.

If possible, I would walk with somebody. A friend, a neighbour, anybody you trust - preferably with somebody who looks like they can kick butt! Safety in numbers and all that.

No one i can walk with really when i walk them as most people are at work and i just simply dont know enough people around here to ask. There is one women i worked with that is getting a puppy and she wants to meet for walks soon but it wont be all the time as it depends on what i work etc. On the weekends Rob comes with me so thats fine. I dont usually walk really out of the way to much and down the canal there is normally other dog walkers about. On the road this car was there are houses all along it so i could have potentially ran if anything did happen to a house but i wouldnt know if anyone would be in in any of the houses. I dont know! Atleast i've reported it anyway :)

I feel alot safer in the mornings when i go out for some reason as alot of people are walking their dogs at that time where as in the middle of the day there isn't so many. But i dont really want to walk them early in the morning when im going to be on a late at work as i like to tire them out before i have to crate them.

I think you should let us men be the judge of that ;)

Haha im not wearing it!

a thick heavy choke chain with a pad lock on one end of it should be in your car and in your pocket at all times just incase even when walking ya dogs better to be safe than sorry .... keep safe storm

I dont have one of those where can i get one that is not going to cost me loads of money :)