Followed

Stormy

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird how you posted this right when this happened to me T_T Not exactly the same but apparently I've got a neighbor who saw me walking the other day and started walking with me. He really freaked me out just complimenting the dogs the whole time and trying to win me over per say, which I don't know if he was just being nice but I don't care for pretty words. Then he stopped at a convenience store and got a beer and told me if I ever wanted one he'd get me one, when A. I'm underage, which he knew, and B. I don't drink even if I wasn't underage. Blehh sorry I'm borrowing your topic by not making another topic. I think its legal in the US to have pepper spray, as its sold in convenience stores and stuff, so I carry one just in case, but it was really annoying being on edge my entire walk and making sure he didnt get behind me and keeping my pepper spray out. Hope you stay safe, its a crazy world out there xx think I'll be staying in for a few days.

I guess you can't be too careful. X

indeed. many years ago a car kept driving very slowly up and down our street at stupid oclock in the morning. I got a description of the car, driver and number plate all ready to claim my community trust action reward if there had been a burglary. but it turns out the neighbour in the next street had called the Dr out and it was him trying to find their house lol. stay safe girlies. cant see mine getting dog napped. by the time I untangle myself the varmints would have got bored waiting and gone for a brew

Weird how you posted this right when this happened to me T_T Not exactly the same but apparently I've got a neighbor who saw me walking the other day and started walking with me. He really freaked me out just complimenting the dogs the whole time and trying to win me over per say, which I don't know if he was just being nice but I don't care for pretty words. Then he stopped at a convenience store and got a beer and told me if I ever wanted one he'd get me one, when A. I'm underage, which he knew, and B. I don't drink even if I wasn't underage. Blehh sorry I'm borrowing your topic by not making another topic. I think its legal in the US to have pepper spray, as its sold in convenience stores and stuff, so I carry one just in case, but it was really annoying being on edge my entire walk and making sure he didnt get behind me and keeping my pepper spray out. Hope you stay safe, its a crazy world out there xx think I'll be staying in for a few days.

I know I'm an old worryguts,  but please tell me you've told your parents, the police, someone who can help you out a little,  how old is this guy anyway ?  A year or two older than you or really old like me ?

Sorry to hear this, Nix and Mobe.

I know what its like...been in similar situations before. And it always ends up being creepy old men ("old" being 40 and up :P). 
I just avoid places where I've been 'accosted' before (instead of walking through these places I'd take a cab or the bus, etc). I've also reported things to the police, but they don't really care unless a crime has been committed. 

And, the GREAT thing is: if you try to defend yourself, you may be facing charges like assault and etc...
So the best thing you can do: walk with a friend/trusted person, have a cell phone on hand ready to call 911 (if needed), and stay vigilant. Look for places to escape to if you feel uncomfortable (bus stop with lots of people, a mall, etc). 

That would be a bit nerve racking.  I am happy that my state has both open and conceal gun laws.  Not being able to defend myself would drive me nuts.  I have done research on laws both here and on your side of the pond.  I can't imagine what it would be like to not be able to defend myself.  

I know I'm an old worryguts,  but please tell me you've told your parents, the police, someone who can help you out a little,  how old is this guy anyway ?  A year or two older than you or really old like me ?

He was like late 40s. And I'm not close to my family and don't really disclose much detail of my life except to rant on here but a lot of my co-workers are usually out walking in the same neighborhoods I am and I always have my cell phone out so I don't look like an easy target. I don't plan on walking the same route thats for sure...

Mace, Capsicum spray etc are illegal to use here but a police officer recently advised my sister to carry some as she had a similar incident a few weeks ago. Car stopped and tried to get her in. She resisted and they tried another girl up the road. 

Regardless of the legal ramifications using an item like this to protect yourself is a far better alternative than being a victim of assault. Not only that, but how many perps are going to complain to the police that they have been sprayed after an incident. 

If you cant buy the mace/pepper spray you can make some by boiling some chilli or capsicum in water, reducing the water and then straining through an old t'shirt and putting in a spray bottle with some alcohol. 

The simple act of carrying something with you will help to make you feel more secure or in control of a situation should one occur.

I am sorry to read that you had to go through this unnerving experience but am glad that it didn't escalate.

Mace, Capsicum spray etc are illegal to use here but a police officer recently advised my sister to carry some as she had a similar incident a few weeks ago. Car stopped and tried to get her in. She resisted and they tried another girl up the road. 

Regardless of the legal ramifications using an item like this to protect yourself is a far better alternative than being a victim of assault. Not only that, but how many perps are going to complain to the police that they have been sprayed after an incident. 

If you cant buy the mace/pepper spray you can make some by boiling some chilli or capsicum in water, reducing the water and then straining through an old t'shirt and putting in a spray bottle with some alcohol. 

The simple act of carrying something with you will help to make you feel more secure or in control of a situation should one occur.

I am sorry to read that you had to go through this unnerving experience but am glad that it didn't escalate.

I would think the criminals obviously wouldn't tell the cops they were trying to abduct/hurt someone. They would make up a story, and say YOU attacked them. And, at that point, its your word against theirs. 

But that doesn't stop me from carrying around a can of bear mace. It's legal to carry it here, you can't just use it on people. But hey...self defence...

I would think the criminals obviously wouldn't tell the cops they were trying to abduct/hurt someone. They would make up a story, and say YOU attacked them. And, at that point, its your word against theirs. 

But that doesn't stop me from carrying around a can of bear mace. It's legal to carry it here, you can't just use it on people. But hey...self defence...

I think merely pointing the mace can at a potential attacker would be enough to halt most from going further.

BTW, the birds in your avatar look like Rainbow Lorikeets and 28 parrots that are indigenous to my region??

I think merely pointing the mace can at a potential attacker would be enough to halt most from going further.

BTW, the birds in your avatar look like Rainbow Lorikeets and 28 parrots that are indigenous to my region??

That's true too. 

Yes, they are Rainbow Lorikeets. That picture is from a free-flying bird sanctuary/zoo I went to. Unfortunately they are tearing it down for a hotel, so I have no idea what will happen to all the birds. Was thinking of taking in a Lorikeet or two, but I decided not to after I read up on their diet and care requirements. 

I have owned parakeets (budgies) in the past. Wonderful little birds.