Tail Biting

xLOBOx

My new girl Ziva has been chewing on her tail the past couple of days. She finally let me touch it to put some medicine on it....any ideas why she's chewing? It's not constant or anything but it looks extremely painfulpost-2671-13690890713055_thumb.jpgpost-2671-13690890896412_thumb.jpgpost-2671-13690891068519_thumb.jpg

When we first rescued Darwin his tail had already been stripped down to a thin "rats tail"

This was due to stress of being cooped up in a flat for up to 8-10 hours per day while his previous owners were at work.

post-1354-0-08494100-1369089758_thumb.jp

See this thread

Is Ziva stressed or upset about anything.

does it look like a bite, sometimes they lick so hard at a bite or wound that they can strip the fur off.

We've only had her two weeks, so she stresses out a lot if we leave the apartment without her. Luckily, I've been able to bring her to work with me during the day. She won't let me get close enough to inspect if it's a bug bite or anything, I had to quickly apply some vet ointment I had around the house. We're in the process of buying a house, so hopefully her new big yard will help her adjust to our family more easily :)

Hopefully once she settles in, she'll stop stressing and realise that her new forever home is a good place to be. :)

Her tail has gotten a bit worse, might be time for the vets :( looks like something probably irritated it and its itching her. I've been applying medicine to it but she licks it off. Maybe its time for a cone of shame too