Rebels Poo

Coach and rebel

Hi guys im Scott new to this formus i need some help with rebel

For about a week now he's not had a solid poo and I'm really worry about him

I've stopped the training treats now incase it was that I don't think it's his dry food but I've put him on

Boiled rice and chicken for now with his dry food....he eats cat poo if he gets chance which is gross

And has eaten some snails and slug recently which I'm worry about I was told about

Lung worm by my friend.. Can anyone help me or have anyone info

Many thanks Scott 😊

And rebel is 21 weeks old nowpost-10478-0-66010900-1369089618.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

I would stop the dry food and just put Rebel on the Chicken and rice.

Then when he is getting more solid slowly reintroduce the dry food.

Also Raw chicken wings (yes bones and all) work wonders for a runny bum.

Yes they can get Lungworms from eating slugs. as they carry the parasite.

(however it doesn't happen everytime)

Take him to your vets and they will check him out.

Make sure he gets plenty of water, his main problem at the moment will be dehydration (due to the runs).

Also it could simply be that you're feeding him too much.

When he "dries up" and you reintroduce the kibble (what brand is he on ?)

give him half of what you used to give him then, slowly add a little more, until the stools start to look soft then back it up a bit.

Too much food and the food idn't processed before you're feeding him again and so the body gets rid of the undigested

food quickly ie. the runs

What kind of food is he on? Some huskies are really sensitive to grains. My husky doesn't even do well on boiled rice. It could be a sensitivity to something in his food (grains or chicken), he could be overfed (guidelines are usually higher than needed) or he could have worms. Has he been dewormed?

It depends on what kind of food that he's on. Like it has been brought up, huskies have sensitive stomachs so if it is a food with grains that could be, but if his poo has been normal with that food then maybe it's the amount of food. Also try giving a little canned pumpkin. That works wonders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason's pretty much on the same train of thought that I am.  If this is something new with the same old food, then I'd check back over how I might have changed it in the past couple of weeks.  Have you been feeding more, have you changed treats, are you using more treats (and not compensating in food intake).  If it is the same food and nothing else has hanged then I'd think a vet visit might be in order to check for intestinal parasites.

If it's a different food, did you make a gradual change over or did you go whole hog?  If you just made a one day change then it's a safe bet that he's objecting to the new food.

Hi and welcome!

Something I found over the years . . . check the ingredients in the food you are serving him. Sometimes the company changes the recipe without letting you know. Often it's just one item but that may be enough to offset the digestion. Try a bit of yoghurt with active cultures in it or if he's not good with dairy probiotic capsules that will supply beneficial bacteria to the colon. That may help rebalance the chemistry in the bowel and stop the running. . . . I pray the boy will be feeling well post haste! Blessings on you both.

Carmen OFM

Well back from the vets he is fine I'm just going to keep

Him and his dry food and chicken lessen the amount..got some

Tablets to give him for five days..

hope it works :)