Naughty Keira

musicalxheart

So tonight when my son and I went to my mother-in-laws for dinner, Keira decided she was going to be naughty and chewed up the tray in the bottom of her crate.. It was made of that really hard and supposedly durable plastic. She has left it alone for the past 3 months..  I wonder why she chose to finally chew it up?

Here's a picture of the damage:

post-7639-0-83987400-1369101555_thumb.jp

I guess we should buy a metal replacement tray, but I'm worried she might try and gnaw on that too..

WOW !!

that stuff is tough.

Not Husky tough though :P

LOL! Tell me about it! :P

I'm sure my face was priceless when I walked into the bedroom and saw the damage. I stood there for a moment in shock, lol, but at least she's okay that I can tell so far, so I don't think she ate any of the small pieces of plastic. I asked her if she chewed the tray up and she wouldn't look at me LOL!

What has gotten into these girls the past few days?  I have the same crate for Rori.  We reently purchased a couple acres of lake property so Rori has been spending more time in her crate.  She busted out one day.  she took down the whole side.  The next day that same tray was out of her crate when we got home.  It slides out with alot of work.  Needless to say she bent it and we fought to get it back in.  These girls just don't like their crates do they?

LOL! I'm lucky she hasn't busted out of her crate yet, though I'm sure as she gets bigger and stronger she'll make an attempt. Oh those trays are a pain in the butt to get into the crates! Keira's crate is used and the bottom is bent a little so getting the tray in there took my husband about an hour or so to finally push it through the bottom and slide all the way into the crate.

And no, it doesn't seem like our girls enjoy their crates AT ALL! :P

With is traveling to the lake property preparing it so the dogs can go with us she had been in hers for 9 hours and she dislikes that.  I feel so bad because we can't give her toys or anything because she eats them :( .  I bought a kennel and a lunge line for them but have to clean things up first.

Aw.. Yeah, I don't blame her for being upset about being in her crate for that long but you can't help it, you're trying to get things ready to take the dogs with you. I feel bad just leaving her for a couple of hours in her crate, so I couldn't imagine how guilty I would feel if I had to leave her for longer than that. I was only gone for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours tonight, and usually she calms down a few minutes after we leave and takes a nap until I get home but apparently tonight she wasn't happy at all about me leaving her. :(

I feel horrible having to leave them alone.  There is usually someone home with them.  She has never been destructive to her crate like that.  So 2 days in a row I though crazy girl, what is up?  Rusty is the only one not crated so I am sure she busted out to play with him.  Now it is zip tied so it can't fall in on her again.  I just worry about them getting hurt.  9 hours is a very long time.  At least I now know if needed they will do just fine.

Ha ha ha...from her taking the tray out and my room being dark.  I was headed to the potty and could not see it.  I was wearing sandals.  Needles to say one of my toes paid the price :wacko: . 

They certainly know how to make us feel guilty.

Saskia did this when she was a puppy so we got a metal base and shes been OK with that :)

That's good to know. :) So maybe if we get a metal one then she won't be tempted to chew it up. :D

I feel horrible having to leave them alone.  There is usually someone home with them.  She has never been destructive to her crate like that.  So 2 days in a row I though crazy girl, what is up?  Rusty is the only one not crated so I am sure she busted out to play with him.  Now it is zip tied so it can't fall in on her again.  I just worry about them getting hurt.  9 hours is a very long time.  At least I now know if needed they will do just fine.

Ha ha ha...from her taking the tray out and my room being dark.  I was headed to the potty and could not see it.  I was wearing sandals.  Needles to say one of my toes paid the price :wacko: . 

They certainly know how to make us feel guilty.

I'm usually the one home with Keira since I don't work and I've been a stay-at-home-mom/wife for the past 3 years. I may have to get a job though so if it comes to that then I'll have to put Keira in doggy daycare.. None of our family or friends will watch her for us because of how energetic and stubborn she is, lol. Our only friends that would even consider watching her for us moved to Texas a little over a week ago. :(

Ah, we zip tied Keira's crate too just for extra stability when we first brought her and the crate home so we would be a little prepared in case she tried to bust out of it. Oh man! That must have hurt! :( I constantly hurt my toes by kicking random furniture.. It sucks.

Yes, they sure do know how to give us humans a major guilt trip. :(

LOL! That just sounds really annoying, I'd probably laugh if I saw Keira doing that though. :P I've come to the conclusion that this breed is way too smart for their own good. :D

At least my husband wasn't mad when he saw the damage to the tray last night. I told him to go look at what Keira had done and he just laughed about it when he saw it. I told him we need to buy a new one and that we need to try and find a metal replacement tray around here if we can. We actually might end up ordering one online though if we can't find one for sale close to us.