Training Success!

Thought I would share a bit of success with training.

My 7 month old pup Zara took a few weeks to get back to her usual self after being desexed - she was SO hyperactive, wouldn't sit still at all during the day for weeks. As a result we could hardly eat her inside, she would zoom from one end of the house to the other non-stop! After getting into a bad habit of having her on the couch in the lounge as a young pup, we decided to train her to come in and sit on her mat on the floor instead.

After a week of training, treats and lots of love and attention when she stays on her mat, Zara is now reliable enough that I can make a coffee or hang out the washing and trust that she won't move. One very happy husky owner (albeit slightly resigned to the fact I'll probably come in to find the couch destroyed one of these days! Ah well, we love them regardless right lol!)

post-10233-0-90194100-1369193650_thumb.jpost-10233-0-46552500-1369193850_thumb.j