Biting

stebec

Morning, I'm new to the forum, so hello to everyone.

My husky is called Denala, she is 6 months old and we have had her for 3 months. The problem we have is that we have a 5 year old Chow Chow called Baloo, both dogs get on very well, but every now and again Denala will pull at Baloo's ears and fur. At first we thought it was just play but now she is getting very aggressive to the point where she is pulling Baloo down the garden and pulling big clumps of fur out of him.

Baloo never reacts to her, it's as if he knows she's only a puppy and scared of hurting her.

Any ideas on how to stop this would be great, at the moment we are at our wits end to the point that we may have to re home her which we don't want to do, but its not fair on Baloo.

Many Thanks

Steve

Thanks for the reply, it's not so much in the house but more in the garden, the garden is 70ft long so she has plenty of running space then all of a sudden she will start the biting.

Steve

it's probably because she has more space so gets more excited does she listen if u shout her? If my Girl gets rough I shout ahah n she will stop which helps if I can't grab her to stop her

She will come to me if called, we then take her in but next time she goes out she's at it again. She has never drawn blood on Baloo and Baloo has not barked in any pain but she has taken tufts of fur from his side, with Baloo being a very furry dog she finds it easy to grab him. Yet at night time they sleep curled up together in the kitchen against the door and we don't hear anything all night.

Steve

First off, welcome! 

I agree that it is probably just husky play.  Mine all play like that all the time.  Yukon will jump up and grab Nikko or Kodi's ears and the fur on the back of their neck and just shake it from side to side.  And they both gang up on Yukon too.  Sometimes I have to put a stop to it because it looks like Yukon is in pain, and he starts squealing, but most of the time I just let it go.  If Baloo doesn't seem to mind and isnt getting hurt then I think it is pretty normal.  If it goes too far I just put them in a time out.