Trust

Husky-gunner

Just been sat here enjoying my last few hours of freedom before I go back to work tonight and was thinking back to camp and how good it was and then it hit me. as most of you that came to camp will know I did a bit of looking after Sarah and Marc's dogs and it has just hit me how much trust was shown in me to do that and even more so when I think there is not many people in the whole world I would leave my dog with there is only Sarah & Marc & Dunc and sue close by that I would trust with him how about you do you trust many people with your dogs ?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust you totally that's why I didn't fret when they were with you, and thank you again for that x

I would trust Duncan and sue and a few people on here that know my dogs and their triggers, and my parents but not my friends who are none husky related

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thor i would trust with Sarah and Marc coz he's calm also Dunc, sue val and Steve and my daughter

Loki my daughter, val and Steve, Amy an Jamie 

Odin lol now that's a tricky one my daughter coz he know's her, Val, Steve and Amy an Jamie

The reason i say Val Steve Amy Jamie they are used to difficult suborn dogs 

If it were a none husky person then I wouldn't dream of it.

But a Husky person knows how to handle the pooches and what to look out for.

You did a great job.

Next camp you can sit back, giving Saz a big cheesy grin and thumbs up as she

goes past you at a 45 degree angle with kaiser, Kimba Dyson and blue hauling her off into the wide blue younder.

You put your feet up and sup on a hot cup of tea. sighing contentedly.

If it were a none husky person then I wouldn't dream of it.

But a Husky person knows how to handle the pooches and what to look out for.

You did a great job.

Next camp you can sit back, giving Saz a big cheesy grin and thumbs up as she

goes past you at a 45 degree angle with kaiser, Kimba Dyson and blue hauling her off into the wide blue younder.

You put your feet up and sup on a hot cup of tea. sighing contentedly.

no chance I want all 5 next camp :)

no chance I want all 5 next camp :)

Better get stacey to make you a special belt :P

I don't trust any of you with my Diesel - you all want to steal him! lol

I would trust a fair few with my 3, but not Logan, the foster, because of his issues - it wouldn't be fair, but I have got to know a fair few husky people that I would be happy to have look after mine. I would only look to husky-savvy people to walk them though, especially Kav with his pulling (and his newly-found trick of backing out of his H-back harness!!)

I guess I'm just lucky at having a huge husky family in here & am privileged to have been able to meet them personally - Linda & Dave (valkyries & valhalla), Saz & Marc, Dunc & Sue, Lisa & Dave (fragglebabe), Amy & Jamie (siberian_wolf) would top the list having had most contact with my pooches

The only non husky person I'd trust is my bf but then he's heard me say enough about huskies to know what to do n what not too

I'd trust a lot of people on here tho there's a few I couldn't because I know they would probably steal them away :-P specially Bings lol there's a few who would just snap him up lol

That is fantastic!!!! I think I will let my babies just with a few dear friends what really know them.... But I think I will still stay like on eggs shells knowing my babies are in need of me or the places what they feel comfortable

I only trust my maid, really. She's deffo not a dog person but since she's asked to walk Dime every morning when I have school, she has learned all of the dos and don'ts. My dad and bro always want to let Diamond off-lead and my mom doesn't know how to deal with his fear of large crowd/noisy people =\ but if there's any chance for me to meet one of you personally I know I'm most likely to trust Dime with people other than the maid :D  

TBH I think anyone could look after my 2 they are so laided back as for who I would trust to do the right things by them like watching what they eat and keeping doors shut there is a small ring of folks on here and they know who they are ;)

Would like to say ty to those of you that have mentioned Sue and me xx :)

I think I only trust Abby with mine.

When I went hiking over the weekend with my friend and her boyfriend we each walked one dog. They both accidentally dropped the leash somehow d'oh. My friend dropped Yuki's leash and off she went running to which I used my emergency recall word that THANKFULLY worked and Yuki came running over to me expecting a treat, but then later I was walking in front when all of a sudden I hear her boyfriend yelling and turn around to see Link right in front of me so I was able to grab him before he went past. Gahh so frustrating, I know accidents happen but I don't know if they understand what it means to 'drop the leash' with a breed like a husky. Her boyfriend was actually playing with Link and a stick and asked me "If I throw the stick can I let go of his leash and would he bring it back?" I am just so glad he ASKED first, because no, Link would not bring it back, he would keep running. Can't be mad at them just mad at myself for expecting them to know the breed beforehand. 

WOW this is a great question.  I guess I had never thought about it before.  Sad to say it but, I would trust most of you before anyone else.  I do trust Rusty's previous owner with him and Rori.  She has Rori's mom.  I trust her and at this time don't know anyone else personally.

It would take someone who understood Vader to leave him with anyone. I don't trust my family with my dogs.  They have no idea at all.  After all my step mom finds it difficult to even walk into my house with Vader in his crate.  Everyone is afraid of him.  Keep in mind a very experienced behaviorist advised me to put him down becuase after 30 years of training dogs he could not handle him.  I guess not many people understand that sometimes when a pup is that scared he just needs to be a dog to live out the rest of his time on this earth.  Everyone wants to force him to walk properly, make him sit or down....He just has to be and have loads of leg/belly rubs.  He just needs love.  He is our unruley mess and we love him for it.

Here's an easy test to see if someone can be trusted walking your dogs. Have them grab the lead somewhere halfway while you still keep holding the lead at the very end. Walk them like that for a few minutes and then suddenly yell "Go!' to let your dogs run. If that person, in this unexpected situation where your dogs all suddenly starts to pull, lets go of the leash, they should not be trusted with your dogs  :rolleyes:

i don't trust anyone with mine but then i've lost a dog whilst in someone else care i don't even trust anyone to walk them with me there as diva has slipped her collar before it scares me so id rather just walk them etc myself xx