• Indonesian
    • Hawaiian
    • Portugese
    • Swahili
    • Dutch
    • Esperanto
    • Chinese (Mandarin)
    • Javanese

and now I see how I could have asked these in the same question ... oh well ...

Again not too concerned about how well you speak it - everything from basic familiarity to fluent count in my book.  Again, just curiosity.

BTW, don't you Brits insult me by saying you all speak English :)

BTW II:  If your language isn't on the list, drop a note here and I'll add it (if I can)

Hey, I speak English. I hear all kinds of languages. However, I don't understand them.

English (fluent), Indonesian (very fluent LOL), Javanese (local language), Japanese (read+write only, limited vocab) and Chinese (just a tiny bit) :D looking to improve my Japanese because I love that language 

You can add your check mark to Javanese now.  I wish I'd taken more time to learn more Japanese while I was there.  With the exception of reading and writing it is a very neat, concise and easy language!

Does the difference / similarity between Chinese and Japanese characters bother you much?  I'd tell a story about my R&R in Hong Kong - it's amusing, but I'd get myself in trouble.

oyasumi nasai, Riv!

You can add your check mark to Javanese now.  I wish I'd taken more time to learn more Japanese while I was there.  With the exception of reading and writing it is a very neat, concise and easy language!

Does the difference / similarity between Chinese and Japanese characters bother you much?  I'd tell a story about my R&R in Hong Kong - it's amusing, but I'd get myself in trouble.

oyasumi nasai, Riv!

Javanese is not a national language though... Is it really ok?

oh and no, the similarity between kanji and han zi actually helps me a lot. Mandarin is a school subject, and I always get good grades because I know (some) Japanese kanjis. In the other hand, learning Mandarin at school helps me memorize more kanjis :D I like Japanese more than Chinese though it just sounds better in the ears :P