Need Serious Help..

Lukenufc

Hi I've just recently acquired a husky puppy, as I couldn't get to where the breeder was my friends went and got him for me so here it starts.. When asking about her I was told she was a she, when my friends went the breeder said yeah she's the last bitch and so on and my friends left and came to me. He's clearly a he. Also he's no where near 8 weeks, in my opinion anyway he's only just mastered walking, also he seems completely deaf and partially blind he doesn't respond to sound at all, also although my friend said both parent huskies were there I'm not convinced he's a full husky, in all seriousness he looks like a cat!! I'm not sure how to put pictures on here as I'm on my phone so if you email me: lukeee-@live.co.uk il send you some pictures and see if anyone can give me advice as in how old it may be or if you can see if its a cross husky, I'm taking him to the vets but the next appointment isn't until next week and I'm just far too curious.. Thanks in advance

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion no breeder worth their salt would have blatantly lied about the sex of a pup and also the age. Did you even meet them before choosing the pup? If he really is as young as you think you may need to seek out a vet that can see you earlier than next week for the pups sake more than anything. Have you called the breeder since you got the little one home to see what they say? I hope you've not been the victim of an unscrupulous breeder but it does happen sadly. Keep us updated.

No I didn't i couldn't get to where they were due to differences in working times between me and my friend that drives, have tried ringing and the number has been switched off for the past two days, il try an get an appointment with a different vets tomorrow morning, the puppies health is my main concern at the moment he's constantly shaking and pines for my other dog which he thinks is his mother, another reason for thinking he's a husky cross is the size of him if he is 8 weeks! I'll keep this updated with the little guys progress

Il take him to the pdsa tomorrow if I can't get an appointment elsewhere, I was told to feed him weetabix for three weeks then meat after that, however he doesn't eat weetabix he just pines under my beagle X for milk so I've got pedigree puppy sachets and he wolfs them down

He isn't 8 weeks I would guess at 5

Report the so called breeder straight away what part of the country are you in?

Also yeah see a vet as soon as you can x

If you need any help or advice just ask x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Il take him to the pdsa tomorrow if I can't get an appointment elsewhere, I was told to feed him weetabix for three weeks then meat after that, however he doesn't eat weetabix he just pines under my beagle X for milk so I've got pedigree puppy sachets and he wolfs them down

I would not suggest giving weetabix at all. Reason being  the amount of huskies you see that are pretty intollerant to wheet.

Would you say the 5 weeks could be something to do with his hearing? He doesn't seem too good at seeing aswell, I'm in the north east. Also would say he's full husky?

Nobody can give you an honest answer to be honest Luke. He does look like a husky to me. I know the face shape is a little unhuskylike, however at that age I have seen huskies look like that in the past. 

Will let others answer about the hearing and eyesight who are likely to know more than myself. I'm pretty sure I know the answer, however pretty sure is not something to go by.

The name escapes me at the moment but we've had a fellow whose puppy, like yours, was no where near the 8 week age when he was rehomed. He was really concerned that he'd been sold a "defective" pup sine eyesight and hearing were less than good (if I remember right it was both) but now the pups as good as gold!

I'm with Sarah, but I was a little worse - my first thought from the pictures was 4 - 5 weeks. 

First get him to the vet and then I think you need to prepare yourself for some bottle feeding for a couple of weeks at least.

If you were here in the US I'd (( facetiously )) suggest taking a .45 to this "breeder" but since you're in the UK, you can't do that!

I'm glad you have the pup and are wanting to care for him <surprise!> but I'm sorry for him that he got taken away from momma and siblings so early - that will be the cause of an ungodly number of trials for you.

What a cute pup.  I am loving all the black on his face.  It will be good to see how his mask changes as he grows.

It is a shame that so called breeder is a idiot.  People like that should not have dogs. 

Please keep us posted on the little guy.  I do not know about the vision and hearing.  I have been with my little girl from day one and she was always alert and ready to go.  I would have to guess it is because he is so small yet.

there was a guy here before i cant find the threads on my phone.

he ended.up with a young one like you.

she was thought to be blind. it turned out she was just young.

this will be hard. you need to teach him all his mum would have.

weetabix is a no no.

dog food.