Locked Myself In The Alley Way Doh!

loops

I live in a terraced house and to deter dodgy people, flytipping  and such like there are locked gates at either end of the terrace so the only people who can enter the houses from the back are people who hold a key.

I have two sets of keys. the car key which has the key to the front door on it.

Because I always take the doofs out via the back gate, I have a set with the back door, padlock key to my gate and the alleygate key. this morning I went out, locked the padlock and wandered down the alley to the gates where I discovered I only had my car keys DOH! I  I couldn't get get back into my yard because of the padlocked gate nor out of the alley to get into the house from the front and because I had left the keys in the lock of the back door I wouldn't have been able to unlock the door anyway...  Luckily there were some sunken paving slabs which the council put plastic barriers around.  I tied doofs up and used the barrier to climb over my wall then shimmy down the garden wall which adjoins the neighbour. with keys in hand I climbed back on the wall where the neighbour was in the her yard, I felt a right tit lol ... While the barriers were a godsend on this occasion, it did make me think of how easy it was to get into my yard if someone were to leave the alleygate open (which people do)...

Loops, I should be surprised but as it's you, I'm not!! :P  Glad you managed to get yourself out of your pickle, but you're right, not everyone is conscientious enough to lock the gates. Call the council Tuesday & get the paving slabs sorted out and the barriers removed if you can

Loops, I should be surprised but as it's you, I'm not!! :P  Glad you managed to get yourself out of your pickle, but you're right, not everyone is conscientious enough to lock the gates. Call the council Tuesday & get the paving slabs sorted out and the barriers removed if you can

that is the bizarre thing. I noticed that the sunken slabs have been fixed but they left the barriers the goons