Epulis

Elyse

So, Suka went to the vet yesterday to get his annual shots + flea, tick + heartworm stuff. 

During the examination, she said Suka had an 'epuilis' in his mouth. She said they aren't usually cancerous, but we are going to be keeping an eye on it...apparently its a type of tumour (not again!!!)

Looked up some information about it:

'http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/mouth/c_dg_epulis#.UaFJFCv72K9

Really hoping its not the aggressive cancerous type - and its just benign and won't damage his teeth.

We don't have any money to remove it right now, but we'll be keeping an eye on it...and if it grows, then we'll get it removed. This would be the 2nd surgery he's had in 2 years...thank god for pet insurance!!!

Poor Suka. :(

Fingers n paws crossed over here that everything is ok

My eldest son has recently had a benign cyst removed from his lower jaw. Gave him regular abcesses (most disgusting thing ever when they burst) and very painful too. It was very worrying at the time as no one could say for sure whether it was malignant or not until it was removed and tested. We waited over a year for the op (Nhs lost his notes and cat scan images) so I can well imagine the fears you may have. Sending hugs your way, chances are good its benign. Brooke my old staffy girl has got lots of warts peeking through her fur that developed when she got older. Vets seen them but wasn't concerned (seems to be quite common in bull terrier breeds)so I just let them be. She's got one on her side which to my mind is very large but it's not changed appearance and is no longer growing, so I'm watching it closely and praying it stays that way. Problem with Brooke is we've had her so long that she's more like one of our children than a pet. Dangerous territory I know, she'll break our hearts one day. But hopefully not just yet.

This is what it looks like:

13178310.jpg

(yes, I know his teeth are bad!)

I'm going to ask how much it would be to clean his teeth (get rid of all that crap), since he's going to be under anyways. 

Ah, thanks. Now I know what to look for will check my guys :)