Sprained Leg

Hi everyone,

On Friday, my mum took Ares out on a walk. They visited the local museum where we get him off the leash and let him run around the yard. Being full of energy, he runs around like crazy. This time, however, he seemed to had hit his paw in something as my mum called me to tell me that he was limping.

We immediately got him to the vet and he told my mum that it's just a small injury, no cracked bones, nothing broken, probably just strained. He even gave him a shot to prevent inflammation. Today is Sunday and he's still limping around and just wont sit down and rest! We didn't take him out on walks with the idea of him resting until his leg is okay. I guess many of you have had the same problem so I was wondering if you could tell me how long it'd take for him to get better? Should I take him to the vet again soon?

Thanks!

They are crazy dogs.

Regardless of whether his leg is sprained or not, he'll still want to run around like a loon.

Usually they will limp for a day or two then you'll simply notice a few days later that he's no longer limping.

Walking a bit is probably ok, just don't let him run for now. Our Zoya has come up limping a few times, and usually comes out of it in a day or two, but we watch her for a few days past that so she does not reinjure.