Husky Owners Stall

Val (Zebedee)

I have the opportunity to have a stall at a local fete in the name of Husky Owners.

I have a few ideas on what I'd like on the stall, but if you were going to a local fete & there was a husky stall there, what would you expect to see?

What would you want to find there?

What do you think they general public would be interested in?

I'm after ideas that I may have overlooked, so come on husky peeps, throw your ideas this way & see what can be achieved :D

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Home made treats, a raffle perhaps or tombola might be easier actually, information on huskies I would say either a leaflet or an a5 or a4 piece of paper to take away not overloaded though keep it simple, huskies in the flesh obv lol, cupcakes for people.

Home made treats, a raffle perhaps or tombola might be easier actually, information on huskies I would say either a leaflet or an a5 or a4 piece of paper to take away not overloaded though keep it simple, huskies in the flesh obv lol, cupcakes for people.

We did this a year or 2 back & I'm sure we had a "fact sheet", plain & simple to hand out, will look for that again. And someone did basic husky outlines for kids to take home & colour in with some "kiddy-style" facts I think, again, I will delve the depths of my pc! :up:

What about home made dog treats ?  Cupcakes for humans,  liver cookies or something something for the important ones !  Raffles are great, but Tombolas are easier, all the work can be done before hand.  Will your dog be with you ?  If so why not run a guess the dogs weight ?  Comp,  prize could be an hour's playtime with you and said dog,  tell them they can experience a little slice of husky heaven.  Have you been in touch with your local businesses ?  Especially those pet focused ?  Ask if pet shops will donate a collar, groomers a voucher for a bath & blow dry,  Ask your local dry cleaners if they will donate a voucher for pet hair removal on a suit or something.  Probably a long shot but if you know any brand new litters you could run a guess the name or buy a name comp,  

Sorry can go a little overboard with this sort of thing lol

Oh,  what about husky shaped or bone shaped cookies ?

Val thinking about, cupcakes are a pain to transport, cookies and biscuits are best,  and can I get a couple of those cards ?  You mentioned husky colouring, what about a husky quiz ( are you doing all this by yourself by the way ?)  Simple questions for kids, also something I did a while ago for st George's day, I hid all kinds of dragons around the school, Dragon pictures Dragon statues, I even lent out some jewellery to staff members and we challenged the kids to find all the dragons, if the fete organisers and other stalls don't mind you could put up pictures all over the place, any kid who gets it right gets a sweetie or lollipop ( cheap one from the cash and carry lol)  

Yes, Sarah, I'll sort out the business cards & get some to you if you pm me your address.

I'm not doing this myself, it's just I saw it advertised in a local paper & thought it was a good way of getting the correct info out to the public who have loads of misconceptions about huskies. A few of us did one last year in St Helens & it was a fun day but I want it to be even better this year and look at doing it regularly.

I'm stealing the "how many huskies can you find" idea - the day will consist of lots of outside stalls of all manner of things (birds of prey, craft stalls etc) I'm sure they wouldn't mind me sticking pics up as it encourages people to their stalls too

Sounds like it's going to be a great day, bit far for me  :(  do you have a sled ?  I ask because you could put it out front with a sign saying " not just snow dogs !"  And pics of huskys doing other things, grass the beach, watching Tele etc,  oh what about pin the tail on the husky ?  Or even better, put the bone in the huskys mouth ?  ( you could do a big felt husky then make a bone with Velcro on the back, if they hit the mouth they get a cookie if not a picture to colour, charge for each go )  

Sarah, you can tell you've done this before! lol That is exactly what I'm looking for, games where you win on the spot. Previously we did a raffle but a lot of the public had gone home & we had to arrange to post the prizes so lessons learned on that one! :P

On the spots are always easier, lol, been there cocked that up !  And yes, have done a bit of fund raising in the past, between the kids school, my mum's breatheasy group and the stuff I used to do for the forces,  have worn a few t-shirts ! try getting in touch with Merlin Entertainment,  they will sometimes cough up free family passes etc, worth a try.  

We belonged to a husky group around here for a short time and there were a few things they did that might be cool.  Looks like you guys already have business cards, also they had these backpacks that you put on your husky's back that had compartments to put stuff in as well has water bottle holders on it as well.  It could have the HO logo on them.  Also, maybe have harnesses, collars and leads with the logos on them.  

Some cheaper ideas could be magnets, key chains or bumper stickers.  We could really do a lot over in the states to get the word out too :)  I think there is only 1 or 2 people on here that are from my state lol.  

We could really do a lot over in the states to get the word out too :)  I think there is only 1 or 2 people on here that are from my state lol.  

It's a shame you are so far from other members as I'm sure you would do really well holding a husky owners awareness stall of some description & boost your member count as people became aware of our forum

:D

I know!  I have a lot of husky friends over here from that other group and we had quite a few ideas going.  We are also friends with the dog trainers at the local PetSmart here and they got approval to come to our meets to do demos, and we have an annual pet expo at our county fairgrounds too.  It would be awesome to have a husky owners booth there!  I didn't realize how many people in this area have huskies!  It is definitely an untapped market!

It's a shame you are so far from other members as I'm sure you would do really well holding a husky owners awareness stall of some description & boost your member count as people became aware of our forum