Skye's Nipples

Stormy

Has she lactated recently? Looks like they are dirty from dirt being attracted to them when wet. Maybe there has been a discharge if sh's not lactated. I would wash them gently with warm soapy water, dry them off, then check again to see if the condition reappears.

My first response would probably have gotten me a warning; my second thought would probaly hve gotten me banned - I think I'll set this thread out! :)

lmao okay!

Has she lactated recently? Looks like they are dirty from dirt being attracted to them when wet. Maybe there has been a discharge if sh's not lactated. I would wash them gently with warm soapy water, dry them off, then check again to see if the condition reappears.

She has just had a season so may be related? We looked it up online and it says it is that dogs naturally secrete a waxy substance around their nipples to keep them from getting dry and then this attracts dirt which is extremely hard to get off. They reccomend putting cooking oil on them all and leave it then try get it off.

Thanks for saving this thread, Dave!  Not only was I completely off in la-la land (my mind runs in some really weird places when I let it!) I had absolutely no idea of where to even begin looking!