One Big Hello From Sapphire And Myself.

abbyerin

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try not to rain on your parade too hard - 6 weeks is when they really start learning how to get along with others - people, dogs and they do that best during the couple of weeks before they normally leave at 8 weeks.  Two weeks doesn't sound like much to us but at that it's it's 1/4 of their lifetime and it's an important part! You will find that you have some challenges teaching her stuff she should have learned from momma and siblings (like bite inhibition).  (( okay, I'm done with that! ))

You've gotten plenty of comments on the loose stool - probably just the move to everything being BRAND NEW to her.  As has been suggested, cut way back on what you're feeding her - don't starve her too badly, but the phrase we use is "starving them" to get their 'stuff' under control. 

I have to agree with the rest, she looks like a little sweety and as you have found / will find they're like no other dog that you've ever lived with!  I like the sentiment that we don't own them, we live with them - when they let us!   Welcome to the forum and I hope I haven't come on too strong ... I do that from time to time, sorry.