Rough Play(Mouthing)

Coach and rebel

Hi guys need some advice with rebel my sibe husky..he's 23 weeks old loving husky likes to argue with me great with the kids..what I need help on is the nipping bite mouthing its ok with me cos I play rough which me and rebel do at times,but he can hurt me at times which he does no when I shout ouch but my kids run around a lot and he nips mouths and can hurt them sometime..how can I teach him to play more soft or help him stop mouthing nipping biting or will it be something he grows out of..all help is helpfull thanks scott

hi, we had the same problem with my husky Loki, we stopped all rough play and when he nipped he was told firmly " NO BITE".........took about a 2 weeks, and now he's fine. He will still nip if he gets overexcited but the NO BITE words stop him straight away...good luck

buy him a chew toy, if he doesn't already have one. Every time he nips you, or anything else he shouldn't put in his mouth, replace it with his toy. At the same time you can tell him "no" or "no bite" like what Matthew and Nix mentioned :) hope this helps xxx