Help! I Don't Know What To Do :(

abbyerin

So my partner and i brought home our newest family member yesterday; Sapphire. A six week old siberian husky pup; the breeder never mentioned anything about her having diarrhea last night and today she's had diarrhea. Is this normal for a pup thats had her six week shot and change of environment or could it be something else? Any ideas on what we can feed her to maybe fix this problem?

post-10539-1369728831102_thumb.jpg

The breeder gave us a bag of the food which she has been eating and we've been feeding her that. Im worried now :( if its not gone in a few days i think a trip to the vets is in call. :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

It can be completely normal , the stress of moving from the people and house she knows n away from her family to a house n people she doesn't know all alone can cause them to have the runs, I would only worry if she seems lethargic too not drinking / eating playing etc

Shes doing plenty of that (: she chomps down her dinner and drinks more water than i do.

Seems like she will be ok, We had the same problems, with sudden loose poo, and we had not changed food or anything. Lasted a few weeks and was then ok. I spoke to some others, who said that it was all part of their developing digestive systems etc...so it should be ok, good luck

Hi, I made a reply in your introduction. . go have a look :)

Hey :)

Get used to runny poo you will go through this quite alot as Sapphire grows up :)

What is the brand of food you are feeding?? May help us identify whether its good or not etc and how much are you feeding she is only young so wont need massive amounts!!! 

Boiled chicken and rice helps runny poo or raw chicken wings but she is only tiny so i would perhaps wait till she is around 8 weeks old before attempting a chicken wing :) Canned pumpkin is also meant to be good for firming up also! 

Are you going to change her food ?? As if you are i would suggest starting the transition soon.

I also had the same problem with Zoey when we brought her home at 8 weeks. The breeder gave us some pumpkin though to put in her hard food that she had also provided. I blamed the runs on stress because she was fine when she was with the breeder.

Canned pumpkin works wonders for Zoey. Anytime she has runny poo I give her that.

Welcome! I haven't much to add as everyone had pretty much said all I can think of. It is completely normal tho. Also might depend on how much u feed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

some treats can cause the runs too, i would suggest keeping an eye on what you give her and what comes out the other end...

My boys didnt cope with dental sticks, but now they can

However gravey bones :o its like turning on a tap :nooo:

I also never go by what it says on the back of the bag, i was feeding mine too little at one point, which resulted in weight loss which isnt good for a growing puppy.

And at times they have eaten too much and come out all whipped cream style :D

dont fret huskys are learning curves you never get round lol