Luka's On My Last Nerve

LittleLuka

I don't know if it's his age or what but he is driving me crazy this week!! (maybe he's punishing me for leaving him lol)

First off, Bexley and him have been living together for well over a month now with no issues. They actually seem to play more and more each day. Then this week happened.

Literally, every time Bexley has something Luka takes it away from him. Bexley is pretty chill so he usually don't care but there have been 2 incidents in the past week and the one last night ended up with us breaking them up. Luka took a toy from Bexley and Bexley wanted it back. We run into the living room to find them brawling. lol I've just never seen Luka act like this. I'm assuming that it's more pack order being worked out but does that mean i should just stay out of it? No more toys? Regardless, i'd like to avoid fights like last night.

Skye likes to take Shadows toys off him , i then take them back off her and give him it back she soon learnt that "stealing" loses her the toy she has to wait till he walks away from it although she does still try... lol

Erm in regards to fighting when i had the two males the new male in the house used to take the toys off Shadow he would literally run in from the back garden to steal them... as shadow matured this turned into fights i removed all toys and then started with one each at a time and if they didn't play nice the toys went... they eventually figured out that fighting or stealing etc etc lost them play.

When we got Darwin (rescued at 1 year old) we had 3 months of bliss, then Echo decided that almost every day he needed "sorting out"

It took nearly 18 months before she really started to leave him alone.

If they do get into a spat.

Two adults One around the back of each dog.

Grab the back legs at the same time and haul apart.

Never grab a fighting dog by the collar you will get bitten. Not pleasant.

(been there done that :eek:)

It's not nice for them to fight but sometimes they do need to learn to respect each others toys and also establish pack order.

Skye likes to take Shadows toys off him , i then take them back off her and give him it back she soon learnt that "stealing" loses her the toy she has to wait till he walks away from it although she does still try... lol

Erm in regards to fighting when i had the two males the new male in the house used to take the toys off Shadow he would literally run in from the back garden to steal them... as shadow matured this turned into fights i removed all toys and then started with one each at a time and if they didn't play nice the toys went... they eventually figured out that fighting or stealing etc etc lost them play.

Okay that's what I did. I took the toy away from Luka who still had it while Bexley is lunging at him. lol and just put the stupid thing up. I guess it's just weird to see Luka actually being nasty because he's been a puppy for so long lol. He was snarling lol. I've been watching him instigate stuff ALL weekend

When we got Darwin (rescued at 1 year old) we had 3 months of bliss, then Echo decided that almost every day he needed "sorting out"

It took nearly 18 months before she really started to leave him alone.

If they do get into a spat.

Two adults One around the back of each dog.

Grab the back legs at the same time and haul apart.

Never grab a fighting dog by the collar you will get bitten. Not pleasant.

(been there done that :eek:)

It's not nice for them to fight but sometimes they do need to learn to respect each others toys and also establish pack order.

Thanks for the advice Andy. Will def use if/when they get into it again. Crazy huskies lol

Okay that's what I did. I took the toy away from Luka who still had it while Bexley is lunging at him. lol and just put the stupid thing up. I guess it's just weird to see Luka actually being nasty because he's been a puppy for so long lol. He was snarling lol. I've been watching him instigate stuff ALL weekend

Yeah was a shock to me when Shadow became like it also as he had always been so placid but was two males for you!!!

Now this is even more of a shock ... Skye had Shadow pinned to the floor yesterday and not in a nice way she intended to tell him she was the boss!!!!! lol

I am exactly in your boat!  Nikko  never had a mean bone in his body.  I had never seen him get agressive.  Then when I got Kodiak they got into several fights.  I blamed it on Kodiak since he was the new guy (Yeah, I know not fair LOL).  But because I never saw who started it I assumed it was him. 

Then I witnessed it!  Nikko is the aggressor in the situations.  He always starts stuff when he plays, but he is doing it because he wants to play, not fight.  I had to take ALL the toys away and they have been put away for the last 2 months.  I am SLOWLY re-introducing some things, but only while I am keeping a close watch.  If I see any of them get agressive I put them away again.  

Nikko has a habit of stealing all the toys and hoarding them.  

Well, they are at it again LOL.  I feel your pain though!  I think taking the toys away will help out.