Sick Company I Work For...

Dunc

They took a non-issue and made a huge blunder with it.  How can companies like this expect to stay in business with management like that running the place?  It is really amazing, and not in a positive way.

To be fair all companies have dress codes and for a reason, it is difficult for managers to bend the rules. The 2 places I work both have dress codes as does the retail company hubby works for. If you let one employee get away with it it opens the doors no matter how good the cause the employee was promoting. (Big big supporter of our troops and poppy appeal).

Also, I can see their point on the bracelets. If you're preparing fresh food for a customer, personally I wouldn't want their jewellery/bracelet/etc to go in my food. It's gross. I don't know where its been, and besides, those things are rarely washed unlike clothes/uniforms are. 

Just my opinion. I'm also a proud supporter of our troops, and I wear my poppy proudly on Remembrance Day. 

Bit of a tough call on this one but honestly if you are asked to remove something from your job and its not an outlandish request you should do it and submit some form of formal protest about it later. I can understand the food prep part as SolitaryHowl has said that stuff is not washed and gross. What a good supportive company would do is find a way to make it work though if they do in fact support what they say they do. Say tell the employee not to wear that stuff right now but we will do this (say signs or something) to show our support. Not punish the employee but embrace the idea and move forward with it. But thats just sentimental idealism Im spitting out unfortunately companies dont have much compassion when they are trying to make a bucm these days.