Biting Whilst On The Phone

BelleBot

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas as to how to get my husky pup (7 1/2 months old) to stop biting me when I'm on the phone?

Most of the time he's very well behaved. However every time I use the phone he goes bonkers. Jumping up, mouthing, biting, howling. It means I have to stop my phone conversation to tell him off or shut him in another room, and then he just whines and howls.

However within a few minutes of me finishing on the phone he resumes his good as gold behaviour. It's driving me potty. I'm not sure what it is about the phone that sends him round the bend, and aside from shutting him in another room and ignoring him I don't know what to do as I don't want to give attention to his bad behaviour as it seems like attention seeking behaviour to me.

So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know, but I feel your pain. Chula does the same thing whenever I walk outside to take the garbage out. She thinks it's play time and she goes downright crazy. I think they are in their naughty years, and hopefully with constant "no" or timeout, they'll stop!

Sorry no advice. Never happened with any of my three. 

It sounds like attention seeking to me. See if ignoring him helps - eventually he may just go away, and he'll learn that biting you/etc will not get him any attention. 

Ignoring means: don't even look at him or acknowledge he is there. Eventually he SHOULD stop - though huskies are persistant little buggers. 

Good luck. 

Try pretending to use the phone that way you don't have to worry about interrupting anyone and can give him a firm no and work on training him or have a water spray bottle?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

He doesn't react if the phone isn't on a call, so pretending to be on the phone doesn't work. I can only guess it makes some sort of high pitched noise or something whilst on a call. I'll keep on with the ignoring him method. Mind you he slept through most of a phone call earlier on today, it was bliss until he woke up.